Corn bread with zucchini
Corn bread is a variety of traditional United States bread that is very easy to prepare. As lately many people ask me for all kinds of bread recipes, whether to make with the bread maker, with the Emile Henry bread oven or different recipes that are easy, I thought you might be interested in this recipe.
To make corn bread, all we need is desire, since it is just a matter of mixing the ingredients and putting the dough in the oven. You will see that it is not necessary to let the dough rest, so it is very quick to prepare.
There are countless recipes and variations of corn bread, both sweet and savory. This time we add zucchini that gives color and texture to the bread and a little garlic and Parmesan to make it even more delicious. It can be cooked in Le Creuset mini cocottes for an original presentation or in any container for the oven, such as a ceramic tray or even a cocotte or an iron skillet .
for 4 people (4 mini cocottes)
- 115g of butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 125ml of buttermilk (more information here )
- 2 eggs
- 225g of yellow cornmeal (not to be confused with cornstarch, which is cornstarch, we can use cornmeal for polenta, for example from the PAN brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon royal yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Half a zucchini cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter and add the minced garlic. Generously spread the inside of the mini-cocottes with this mixture so that they have a nice golden crust.
- Beat the buttermilk and the eggs and add the butter that remains after spreading the mini-cocottes.
- Mix the cornmeal, baking soda, yeast, salt and pepper in a bowl . Add the milk mixture with the eggs and mix well. Add two thirds of the zucchini that we have cut into small cubes and distribute the dough among the four mini cocottes.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on each of the cocottes and decorate them with the remaining zucchini cubes.
- Put the mini cocottes (without the lid) in the oven preheated to 170ºC for 20 minutes until the bread is golden and firm to the touch. We must not let the bread cook too much or it will be very dry. We can prick the bread with a toothpick and if it comes out dry, the bread is done.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?