Savory leek tart
In summer, savory tarts are a perfect solution for summer dinners, excursions or picnics. They are easy to transport and it is something that everyone likes; In addition, they are as delicious hot as they are warm, so it is not a problem to take it anywhere to share a few hours after preparing it.
The book “La spoon de Plata” is a continuous source of inspiration for me, I resort to it a lot; not only for Italian recipes, which have many and very good ones, but for others like this cake today.
When we have people at home I like to serve the savory tarts in a nice mold that looks good on the table, that's why I always make them in a ceramic one that is attractive like the one you see from Emile Henry . The recipe looks even better!
Emile Henry ceramic ramekin , Le Creuset damascus steel knife , WMF medium grater , Le Creuset skillet , Silver Spoon book and Emile Henry ceramic mold
- 750g of leeks
- 2 red onions
- 75g butter
- 200 ml of milk
- 150 ml of cream 35% mg
- 3 eggs L
- 150 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 round shortcrust pastry sheet
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- In a skillet , heat the butter over medium heat until melted.
- Add the leeks and chopped onion all very small.
- Saute for 20 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, place the shortcrust pastry in a ceramic mold , irregularly folding the top edges.
- We put a chain of steel balls on it so that it does not rise and we bake it at 160º for 10 minutes.
- Reserve the baked dough while in a bowl mix the milk, cream, eggs, flour and nutmeg.
- Add the leek and poached onion, mix well and add the 150 g of grated Parmesan. Mix well and take the mixture to the mold, on the semi-baked dough.
- Place in the middle of the oven and leave for about 30 minutes at 160º.
Tellier stainless steel ball chain , stainless steel WMF medium grater , Emile Henry ceramic mold , Le Creuset damascus steel knife and Emile Henry ceramic ramekin
We can serve the leek tart hot at the same time or consume it cold later, this is one of those recipes that even win if they are eaten like this, at room temperature, without the need to heat, which is a great advantage.
- This recipe has been made in the tall ceramic mold from Emile Henry , but you could make it in others. We do recommend that it be a ceramic one, thanks to its good baking, its beautiful presentation on the table and because you can cut directly on it since it does not scratch. You can see all the ceramic molds here .
- You can find the WMF medium grater and others in the section Mandolines and graters .
Hola cómo están? La nata que sería? Soy de Uruguay y creo que aquí se le llama crema de leche o es un ingrediente que ustedes tienen y por aquí no
Hola Mercedes, de la foto puede parecerlo pero no, es la cebolla morada. No lleva bacon. A pesar de ello, esa tarta misma con bacon o jamón también puede estar riquísima!! :)Saludos!
En la foto se ve algo parecido al bacon.. se os ha olvidado ponerlo en la receta? O no lo lleva?