Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Laura, author of the blog Because , uses a utensil that I love, the De Buyer fryer with draining basket , to bring a recipe that you will surely dare to prepare at home: Do you feel like preparing your chicken nuggets? Go for it!
At this time of year the days are longer and in a proportional sense our desire to snack also tends to increase. Without a doubt, fried foods are one of the most widely accepted appetizers among all, especially among children. And although they are delicious, many of us tend to avoid them due to their high fat content. But the truth is that when prepared properly, they do not accumulate as much fat, which allows us to enjoy their pleasant flavor from time to time.
Undoubtedly, the De Buyer frying pan is a great ally, because it allows frying evenly throughout the piece and also has a draining basket , which greatly facilitates the task of removing excess oil.
The chicken nuggets that I propose today are a crunchy and appetizing snack, which we can enjoy without remorse. They are also ideal for a snack in the garden or on the terrace, or why not? To take them on excursions.
In the photo, a fryer with a basket by De Buyer , and an oval ceramic mini-cocotte by Le Creuset .
For the chicken nuggets:
- 1/2 kilo of fat-free minced chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon perrins sauce
- 1 tablespoon mild savory type mustard
- 1 sprig of chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 liter of olive oil (will be left over)
For the batter:
- 50 gr. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (optional)
- grated p0an
- Mix all the ingredients for the nuggets in a bowl (except those for the batter) and leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Mix the batter ingredients on the counter or on a board.
- Balls are made with the chicken, more or less the same size, as if they were meatballs, and they are coated in a round shape. When the ball is well formed, it is placed in the palm of the hand and with the palm of the opposite hand it is crushed in the center, to give it a flattened shape.
- In the frying pan with the basket inside, add the oil and put it on medium high heat, so that it heats up slowly and evenly.
- When we have all the nuggets ready, we increase the heat a little and raise the basket , resting it on the handles of the pan. We place a batch of nuggets and lower the basket to fry. When they are golden, lift the basket, lower the heat and let them drain for a minute in the basket. Then we pass them to a source with absorbent paper, for a while on both sides so that it absorbs the excess oil. Repeat for batches of nuggets until finished.
- It is important to do it in batches that are not too heavy, so that the oil does not drop in temperature excessively when we lower the basket. In this way, frying will take place in less time and the nuggets will absorb less amount of oil.
- You may be interested in the blog article " Tricks to get the perfect fry ".
- If you prefer to buy the whole chicken breast, you can then chop it with a homemade, manual or electric chopper , like the ones in the store ( here ).
- To filter the oil after frying, you may be interested in the oil collector .
El modelo que vendemos es el de la receta, el que tiene malla. Vamos a cambiar la foto que aparece en el enlace de compra ya que no es correcta.
Hola! El cestillo de esta freidora no es igual al cestillo de la freidora que aparece en el enlace para comprar. Me puedes confirmar cual es el modelo que vendéis?
Los haré. Gracias