Rosti of potatoes and carrots
That's lovely! Potato and carrot rosti, a dish that you will make in no time and that you will undoubtedly enjoy at any lunch or dinner. Do you dare to prepare this recipe from Lola, author of Loleta ?
Today I bring you one of my favorite dishes when I travel to Switzerland or Germany, the rosti. This is a very popular potato dish , traditionally served for breakfast but today it has become a fantastic garnish to meat and vegetable dishes. I also love to take it as a single dish, accompanied by some salad or eggs.
Although the rosti is almost always prepared with potatoes, I have preferred to also use carrots because that is how I like it best. And I have accompanied it with an egg to finish completing the dish.
It can be prepared large, the size of the pan, but I love to make them small, in a more individual format. I do it in the Le Creuset iron skillet , because the iron reaches a perfect temperature to get the crispy touch , and it also helps me to take it directly to the table, because it is very beautiful!
- 2 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil or butter
- ½ spring onion
- 3 eggs (optional)
- In an Efficient Bra saucepan , bring water to a boil (up to half its capacity). When the water is boiling, add the potatoes and carrots and cook for only 5 minutes. After this time, remove and let cool in plenty of cold water.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots. With the help of the Kitchen Aid food processor , julienne the carrots and potatoes. Put them on a plate and add the flour and salt and pepper.
- Add the finely chopped chives and mix well.
- Form pancakes about 8 cm in diameter.
- Heat the oil or butter in our Le Creuset iron skillet and wait until it is hot. Add our pancakes (one or two at a time) and cook for 3 minutes on one side before flipping (they should be golden and crisp).
- Prepare some fried eggs in a frying pan (they look great in the De Buyer cast iron pan , especially if you like them crispy!). This step is optional.
- Serve with some quark cheese sprinkled with parsley, smoked salmon or fried eggs… or a little bit of everything!