Red lentil cream
We are in season of soups and creams that comfort our body and spirit. That is why we bring this succulent red lentil cream with a spice and some reasonably oriental ingredients.
The base of this soup is red lentils, a variety of lentils widely used in India and Indochina. Orange in color when raw, they lose most of their color when cooked. They come without skin and split in half, so they are cooked in no time and do not require soaking.
In addition, this soup contains coconut milk, which makes it somewhat more forceful than it might seem. We complete the flavors with cumin and cinnamon, an unbeatable combination. I have used my Magimix Cook Expert robot because it has a fantastic option, the Creamy Soup, in which you only have to add the chopped vegetables with the liquids and seasonings, and the machine cooks the whole thing for you and grinds it at the end.
In any case, we indicate the current method, without a robot, to prepare the cream, which does not have any difficulty. Let's go there.
- 250g cauliflower
- 150 g of red lentils
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. of turmeric
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 good sprinkle of ground white pepper
- 500 ml of vegetable broth or water
- 400ml coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Peel the carrots and cut them into slices. We do the same with the garlic cloves. We booked.
- We wash the cauliflower and chop it, including the stems.
- We weigh the lentils and measure the seasonings and liquids.
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for at least 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- We crush as we want and season with salt.
Cooking with Magimix Cook Expert
- We put all the vegetables in the steel pot, along with the seasonings and liquids. We make sure that they are almost covered with liquid so that they cook well.
- We select the Cooking > Creamy soup program and program 40 minutes.
- When the program ends, let's go out to taste. The cream is thick, if you want it to be thinner, add water to your liking.
- We serve the soup, already crushed. I have added some shavings of curly collard greens ( kale for millennials).
This red lentil cream has a discreet spice and a sweet touch due to the carrot that marries terribly with the rest of the flavours. you will repeat