Chocolate hazelnut snack
Few snacks are as quick and elegant as these chocolate-covered hazelnuts, or hazelnut bites, as we call them at home.
Nuts combine extraordinarily well with the flavor of cocoa, and these chocolate hazelnuts, whether you loosen them or turn them into chocolate hazelnut rocks, are a perfect after-dinner coffee accompaniment, a perfect snack to finish off with. the food, or an exquisite detail if you have it next to the cup of coffee in the morning - they fill you with energy... And with joy!
Preparing these hazelnut bites takes only 10 minutes (the time to melt the chocolate, mix the hazelnuts and put it on a tray), and you look luxurious when you bring it to the table.
Remember that it is also a precious gift to give in a glass jar (the jars with engraving by Luigi Bormioli are perfect for this).
- 150 g dark chocolate*
- 200g hazelnuts, toasted and peeled
- To decorate: cocoa powder or salt flakes.
*You can ideally use dark chocolate, but if it is for the little ones in the house you can use melting chocolate with milk. In any case, that it is quality chocolate, will be the great thing about this quick and helpful recipe.
- Melt 150 g of dark chocolate in a bain-marie (the bowl for a bain-marie or the specific De Buyer saucepan will help you achieve perfect melted chocolate).
- When it is melted, pour 200 gr of peeled toasted hazelnuts into it, and mix with a spatula until the hazelnuts are completely covered.
- Arrange a tray with baking paper, and distribute the hazelnuts on it. Let cool until the chocolate hardens (you can put it in the fridge for 30 minutes, but no more to prevent the chocolate from losing its beautiful and intense brown color).
- When serving, sprinkle cocoa on top, or coarse salt if you want to enhance the flavor of the chocolate and create contrast. You will touch the sky!
TRICK! You can spread the hazelnuts around the tray, so that they do not touch each other to have chocolate hazelnuts to peck one by one, or you can make little piles of hazelnuts (you can help yourself with two spoons for this), in order to make chocolate rocks and that each diner can take a lot. Ideal to accompany coffee!