Grilled apricots with Iberian ham
I am especially excited to have Noelia, author of La Cucharina Mágica, on the blog again. It brings us a recipe free of complications but rich in contrast and flavor: grilled fruit with Iberian ham, a recipe that you will surely enjoy this summer!
Once summer comes to my house, we turn off the oven and fire up the grill. In addition to how practical it is to make dishes on the grill, you have to take into account how healthy it is to cook fish and meat with just a drizzle of olive oil. Vegetables are another ally of the grill, being wonderful when we combine the two, fish or meat and vegetables.
Well, today I bring you a fruit recipe so that you can use your grill even more this summer. I imagine that for many it will be the first time that you consider cooking fruit in this way, but I assure you that once you do it, it will not be the last. The Le Creuset grill is ideal for preparing fruit in this way, so that all its flavors are concentrated and its natural sugars are caramelized , obtaining a juicy and flavorful result, without added sugar .
Apricots are other indisputable protagonists of summer. There are many sweet recipes that include this fruit in cakes, cakes and ice creams, but it is not very common to find it as an ingredient in appetizers or salads combined with other savory ingredients such as ham.
For those of you who like the mythical melon with ham, you will discover in this recipe a fresh dish that combines the bittersweetness of grilled caramelized apricots with the saltiness of Iberian ham . An appetizer or salad that will succeed at your summer dinners.
- 1 kg of not very ripe apricots
- 100g of Iberian ham
- Side arugula or other salad leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the apricots well, open them in half and remove the seed. Heat the Le Creuset grill and brush it with oil (you can help yourself with a kitchen brush ).
- We distribute the apricots all over the grill, and let the natural sugar of the apricot caramelize. Remove and let cool.
- Prepare a tray with a rocket base and place the ham in rolls. We put the apricots and serve.
- You can make this recipe with other types of fruit and accompany salads, ice cream or other grilled meats.