Chicken is one of the most versatile meats there is, and today I bring it in a recipe that is as classic as it is tasty, the traditional recipe for Chicken with mustard.
It is one of my favorite ways to prepare chicken, with its tangy flavor thanks to the mustard and creamy thanks to the cream. Very easy to prepare and delicious, served with a little white rice to accompany you will have a round meal.
To prepare it, I recommend a large surface, that's why we do it in a low saucepan with a good bottom, and that has a lid, it will be great for cooking.
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin oil
- 1 leek
- 2 shallots
- 1 carrot 1 green pepper
- 1 chopped chicken
- 1 tablespoon of old mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 small potatoes
- 1 glass of white wine
- ½ glass of chicken broth
- 250 ml of liquid cream or evaporated milk
- 1 little chopped parsley
- In a low Efficient de Bra saucepan , heat a tablespoon of oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sauté it over medium heat until the meat is browned, although it does not need to finish cooking (about 10 minutes). Remove from the pan and reserve on a plate.
- Heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and sauté the finely chopped vegetables starting with the carrot and green pepper.
- When soft, add the shallots and sauté for a minute. Add the mustard and stir well. Add the white wine and broth and let all the ingredients integrate well.
- Return the chicken to the saucepan and lower the heat and cover. Let cook for 15-20 minutes. Then we uncover and raise the heat a little. Let cook until the sauce has evaporated a bit and is thicker.
- Add the cream and let it boil for about 5 more minutes. We rectify salt.
- While we boil the potatoes with skin. Cut them in half and season them. Brown them in a tablespoon of oil until the edges are golden and crisp.
- We serve the chicken with the potatoes with a little chopped parsley.