Oeufs en cocotte (Eggs in cocotte)
This week Luisa Morón, from Cocinando con mi Carmela , brings us a recipe to show off mini-cocottes ! It is an easy recipe to prepare and really appetizing, which can be done both on a day-to-day basis and as a great first course for a family meal. This recipe can be prepared in both round and oval Le Creuset mini-cocottes (exclusive to Claudia&Julia!). Here we leave you with the recipe:
Since I was little I have been a fan of plated eggs, we can also call it casserole eggs or Oeufs en cocotte, the name they give it in France and the truth is that it is very nice, right? As we already know, in eggs on the plate, resistant containers are usually used and we also have to cover them with a fatty element, such as butter so that the egg does not stick to the walls of the mini cocotte . When I saw these little casserole I couldn't resist. I knew my next recipe would be this. The combinations are whatever you want to give them, with cream, with tomato, etc... In this case, I have cooked them with cream.
Ingredients (for each mini-cocotte)
- 2 tablespoons of liquid cream (the creamier and good quality, the better)
- 1 large egg
- 3 studs
- 1 tablespoon of chopped ham
- 1 tablespoon of blue cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180º and introduce a tray with water that will cover our mini-cocottes up to half.
- Meanwhile, we grease our mini-cocottes, without reaching the edge -leaving one centimeter.
- In a saucepan we poach our asparagus cut into small pieces, for about 5 minutes. We take out and reserve.
- Add to each mini-cocotte the cream, the asparagus that we will have previously poached, the cubed ham, the blue cheese and finally the egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- We introduce in the tray, we will do it in a bain-marie in the oven. Let it cook for about 15 minutes. Until we see that the white is curdled and the yolk is still liquid. This will also depend on how you like the egg, if more or less done.
- Ready to serve. In addition, the variation of vegetables and ingredients are many, leaving the cream and the egg as the base. I hope you like it and enjoy it.
Se ven deliciosos los platos. Me los apunto, gracias. Os dejo mi blog por si quereis dejarme un comentario también https://www.rociococinaencasa.com/huevos-al-plato-horno-chorizo-guisantes/
Angela Nieto Cebrian said:
Buenos dias, me encantas las cocottes, pero mi duda es… si se hace en el miroondas esta receta, las mini cocottes se tienen q tapar con su tapa para el cocinado? En el horno supongo q no.
Mil gracias por vuestro trabajo 😘😘
Que buena receta! rica y sencilla,que te resuelve una cena informal ahora en verano. Mil gracias por compartirlo, lo haré seguro. Un fuerte abrazo