Mini Angel Food Biscuits
What about making the classic Angel Food Cakes recipe but in a mini version? Yes, today's is a very simple but very successful recipe, and it really is delicious. These are Mini Angel Food Cakes, made with the Nordic Ware mini Angel Food mold, which are ideal both for serving for breakfast, as a sweet dessert or even to accompany coffee in the middle of the afternoon.
The base of the Mini Angel is very simple, and it will remind you of the traditional sponge cake dough, but the most special thing about these Mini Angels is the flavor and their elegant presentation.
It is the ideal dessert for when you want to eat something sweet, but at the same time you don't feel like something too cloying, since with the citrus touch of lemon, it is very refreshing. What do you say, we get down to the dough?
- 5 egg whites
- 100g powdered sugar
- 100g of flour
- 115g of sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Separate the whites from the yolks with the help of the Tellier separator and let the whites rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC. It is important that you do not grease the mold, and that the utensils you are going to use are completely clean and not greased.
- Sift together the flour and powdered sugar and set aside. In a bowl, beat the egg whites on medium speed with a hand mixer until foamy. You can also use a KitchenAid stand mixer .
- Slowly add the sugar, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Slightly increase speed and beat until soft peaks can form.
- Add the flour and sugar to the mixture and then pour the dough in the mini Angel Food mold and lightly tap the mold on a surface to remove any air bubbles in the dough. You can also help yourself with a wooden stick to stir the dough a little.
- Bake for about 22 minutes. To find out if the mini Angels are done, insert a stick and see if the dough doesn't come out on it.
- In order to better unmold the mini angels, you can pass a long wooden skewer or a spatula along the edges of the cakes to release them from the mold.
- Finally, pour the mini Angels on top of a cooling rack and wait for them to cool.
**** Things that may interest you ****
This is a recipe that you can then decorate with the ingredients that you like the most, but we recommend a simple, very light glaze on top and a little lemon, orange or other fruit zest, since in this way, it will predominate. the delicious taste of the biscuit.
If you prefer, you can make the maxi size version, the traditional Angel Food Cake is ideal to do in the Angel Food mold from Nordic Ware.