Prawns flambéed with whiskey and sweet peppers
If there is a dish that tastes like summer, it is prawns and prawns. Cooked in any way they are delicious. This recipe for flambéed prawns with whiskey and sweet peppers is a fantastic option to enjoy both for lunch and dinner and also, why not, as a fantastic appetizer.
And if prawns and prawns are exquisite, cooked in a Mineral B de Buyer cast iron pan, the result is sublime. Thanks to the great temperature that the iron takes , you will have them ready in no time with all their flavor and to the point.
The accompaniment could not be more ideal and also with a very summery air. Some roasted and sautéed peppers with onion, which you can choose to bring to the table: either as a salad just as you have cooked them in the pan or as a sauce if you blend them with a little cream. All this, in addition, accompanied by a little rice to have a tasty and complete dish, which you can finish dressing with a squeeze of lemon to taste.
Let's go with the recipe!
- 20 prawns or raw prawns
- 2 red or orange bell peppers
- 1/2 onion
- Olive oil
- 7 cl of fresh cream*
- 2 garlic cloves
- A few coriander or parsley leaves
- 5cl of whiskey
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Espelette pepper
*The cream is optional. Use it if you want to crush the peppers as indicated in step #8 of the preparation.
- 200g of rice
- A lemon cut into wedges.
- Arrange the peppers on a tray and brush lightly with oil.
- Take the peppers to the oven preheated to 200 °C and roast them for about 30-35 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking.
- When they are done, take them out of the oven and reserve them in a tied plastic bag for 30 minutes.
- After this time, peel the peppers and cut them into strips.
- Also cut the onion into strips and brown it in a De Buyer Mineral B Frying Pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the peppers to the pan with the salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a saucepan following the package directions.
- When the peppers are ready, you can reserve them as is to accompany or blend them with the cream until you get a creamy texture.
- When the rice is ready, heat another De Buyer Mineral B Iron Skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the prawns, grated garlic, paprika and Espelette pepper.
- Season the mixture.
- Heat the whiskey in a small saucepan, light the whiskey with a match and immediately pour it over the prawns.
- Sprinkle with coriander or parsley leaves and serve them accompanied by the peppers and rice, with lemon wedges.
- You can make the recipe with prawns or also with prawns. What you like most.
- If you can't find Espelette pepper, you can use some smoked or hot paprika flakes.
- You can cook the prawns in the cast iron skillet or on the Mineral B cast iron grill .
- If you prefer, instead of roasting the peppers you can use a jar of piquillo peppers, whole or in strips. Make sure they are of good quality and they will be great as a side dish.