chocolate filled cookies
These chocolate-filled shortbread cookies I make at home every week. I stopped buying the ones from the supermarket when I found out that industrial cookies were not completely healthy and even more so those filled with cocoa creams.
The children claimed them but now they are happy with this homemade version, and also with shapes and drawings, thanks to the Nordic Ware stamps . They are very easy to make and they come out of a large and consistent size, so they perfectly resist backpacking.
- 250 g pastry flour
- 150 g cold butter
- 85g icing sugar
- 30 g almond powder
- 1 egg
- 5g of salt
For the filling:
- 100 ml of liquid cream 35% mg
- 200g chocolate
- Place the flour, sugar, almonds and salt in the Kitchen Aid bowl and stir for a couple of minutes on speed 1 with the spade accessory. We can do it manually in a bowl.
- Add the diced butter and mix on medium speed (2 to 4) until incorporated.
- Add the egg and mix until a smooth and uniform dough is obtained.
- We extend a baking paper on a tray where we will place the dough of our cookies.
- We take a ball of dough the size of a golf ball, place it on the tray and stamp the stamp on it, pressing until the dough peeks out from the sides.
- We carefully separate the mass from the stamp and return it to the tray, it does not matter if some mass protrudes from the drawing, then we will rectify it.
- We continue to shape the cookies until the tray is filled.
- We refrigerate about 45 minutes while we preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Take the tray out of the refrigerator and cut the edges of the dough that exceed the shape of the seal with the help of a knife or cutter.
- Bake them on top for 10 minutes.
- Filled with homemade chocolate cream.
Preparation of the chocolate cream
- In a saucepan , heat the cream.
- When it is very hot, pour it over the chocolate in pieces.
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes and stir until you have a smooth cream.
- We let it rest for another ten minutes before using it.
These cookies are ideal for a children's snack, for a birthday table, or as a gift. In addition to being very good, they are very showy due to their drawings and shapes.