There's nothing like hot spoon dishes to warm you up. As the cold is already knocking on our doors, Luisa (author of Cooking with my Carmela ) brings us a traditional and very autumnal recipe, how to make pumpkin cream . It is a very easy and quick recipe to prepare, which is also accompanied by some tips to make the creams more attractive. Don't miss them!
When autumn arrives, it is undoubtedly the time for creams at home: they become the protagonists of our dinners, they are easy to prepare and you can make them from one day to the next.
Many times the little ones or not so little ones end up getting tired of them, but I have several tricks so that they do not become monotonous and have sparkle. One of them is to cut the main vegetable into thin slices , to reserve a few of those slices and reserve them; Thus, before serving the cream, I roast them on the grill and place them as decorations when presenting them on the table.
Another piece of advice that I follow to make the cream attractive is that I usually add seeds of pipes, sesames or, why not, chia, which is so fashionable nowadays.
But the option that I usually like the most is that I present it with grated cheese : I always opt for a Parmesan since it has an intense flavor. Try it, it doesn't fail.
To prepare the creams I always use the new Emile Henry kettle . I fell in love with her from the first time I saw her. You have the option of cooking in it and then presenting it directly on the table because of how beautiful it is, apart from the fact that you can use the whisk inside without fear.
The ceramic kettle is a very traditional utensil, which, apart from making creams, is useful for all kinds of spoon dishes, soups, stews... or to make a rich and sweet rice pudding!
But today it's time to prepare pumpkin cream, now I'll tell you how.
- 1 sweet onion
- 40g of oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 piece of pumpkin (approximately 400gr)
- 750g of water or vegetable broth
- 80g of emmental cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a frying pan , add the oil and heat, add the onions and brown.
- In the meantime, we chop the carrots and the pumpkin.
- Once the onion is ready, add it to the ceramic kettle along with the carrots and the chopped pumpkin, the vegetable broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Let them cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and blend well with a blender (we can do it in the same pot).
- The cream is ready to serve! You can serve it in tureens , in bowls or in deep plates . Grate the cheese to taste and you can also add a little cooking cream.