Clam stew with broccoli
On this occasion Noelia, blogger author of La Cucharina Mágica , proposes a clam stew with broccoli, a stew rich in flavor and color, healthy and that makes our mouths water just by looking at the photos. I definitely encourage you to try it!
Diet, light and healthy dishes sound boring, tasteless and without any kind of appeal. However, with a little imagination we can make truly delicious dishes, with few calories and that satisfy hunger as if it were a dish of fabada itself, well, maybe not so much...
I love the combination of seafood with vegetables or legumes! It is a classic in my house since the seafood brings all the flavor of the stews of a lifetime, those that are made in a cocotte over low heat, without the caloric contribution of animal fat.
This clam and broccoli stew is a delicious dish that can be used both for a family meal and for the tupperware of the week. It's made fast, doesn't need fancy ingredients, and the flavor is 5 forks. All this with the contribution of vitamins and proteins that the clams and broccoli will provide us, in exchange for very few calories.
Go for the recipe!
Ingredients for 4 people
For the stew:
1kg of clams
1 bunch of broccoli or broccoli
1/2 red bell pepper
1 clove garlic
3 sprigs of parsley
100 ml of white wine
1 teaspoon of paprika from La Vera
Salt and pepper
For the fish broth:
2 garlic cloves
1 fish head
1 pinch of salt
1. Chop 1/2 onion and 2 garlic into large pieces and fry them with a little olive oil in a pot.
2. Add the fish head, stir for 1 minute and add 1 liter of water and a pinch of salt.
3. We let boil over high heat for 30 minutes. Strain the broth and return it to a boil over low heat until we use it for the stew. It will reduce and take more flavor.
4. Chop 1/2 onion, 1 garlic clove and 1/2 red pepper into very small pieces, put it in another pot and fry them with a drizzle of olive oil (I used a low casserole type cocotte ). Let it poach and when it is done, add the paprika, stir for a few seconds and add the peeled and roughly chopped potatoes.
5. Pour in the wine and let it reduce over high heat for 1 min. Add the fish broth and let the potatoes cook over low heat for 5 min.
6. Add the broccoli to the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Finally we add the clams and cover the pot for 2 or 3 minutes until they open.
8. We splash and remove from the fire.
9. We serve with parsley.
- To wash the clams, rub them together under tap water and place them in a container with water and salt for 1 hour.
- For the broth to thicken a bit when cutting the potatoes, tear them so that they release starch.
- You can replace the clams with prawns and make the broth with their heads.
- If a clam does not open, do not try to open it and discard it.