steamed lemon cake
You can cook super spongy steamed cakes. You can do it both in a pressure cooker and in other utensils designed for steam cooking. In this case, we are going to show you how to do it in the WMF Vitalis Pot .
The Vitalis is a steamer that has been very popular since it was launched and has been introduced very quickly in many kitchens around the world. Because? It is a pot with a very high design and quality, with a glass lid that allows you to see inside, a perfect thermometer to control the cooking temperature, a wide tray to steam a complete recipe... And it can also be used as a low casserole or roaster!
As you may have guessed, it is a versatile pot and a very pretty piece to bring to the stove, or even if you want it in the oven... and on the table! Today, we take advantage of it to make a basic but delicious lemon cake, an essential for a snack, tea time or to start the day with a smile.
- 150g of flour
- 50 g lemon yogurt
- 50g butter
- 80 g of white sugar
- 2 eggs (L)
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 10g royal yeast
- In a bowl , beat the eggs with the sugar until pale, then add the melted butter without stopping beating, finally add the yogurt and continue beating to integrate.
- Separately, mix the flour and yeast well. Add that mixture and beat everything until it forms a fine and even mass, without lumps.
- Coat the molds with a little butter and then flour. Reserve.
- Load the molds up to half the mass, insert them into the perforated tray of the Vitalis . Put 1 liter of water in the Vitalis and place the tray loaded with the mould. Put the lid on and put the pot on high heat and when the thermometer is at 95ºC, lower the heat and cook at that temperature for 25 minutes. It is important not to uncover during cooking.
- Remove the tray and let cool slightly before unmolding and serving.