Brown Sugar Butter Ginger Cookies
Today we have made cookies with the children, and apart from having a great time forming and decorating their cookies, each one to their liking, some SUPER DELICIOUS cookies have come out. These are cookies that, although they contain an interesting dose of ginger, the flavor is mixed in the butter and brown sugar and they do not have an abusive ginger flavor intensity, but on the contrary: you get cookies with a spicy flavor but really delicious. So I leave you the recipe in case you dare to also make your Sunday a cookie Sunday.
Give them the shape you like best, be it round, square, in the shape of churros or in the shapes of animals, stars or however the little ones like. Then, simply decorate them with sugar or chocolate chips, anything looks great on them.
- 150 g butter at room temperature
- 90 gr brown sugar
- 1 XL egg
- 50 ml of milk at temp. atmosphere
- 1 dessert spoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger rasa dessert
- 1 dessert spoon of baking soda
- 130 gr pastry wheat flour
- 130 gr wheat flour
- Put the butter in the KitchenAid bowl and turn on the robot with the flexible side paddle attachment at speed 2.
- Add the brown sugar and let it integrate.
- Add the previously beaten egg slightly.
- Add the milk, vanilla extract and ginger.
- In a bowl, mix the flours with the salt and bicarbonate of soda and add it to the KitchenAid bowl. Mix everything until well integrated and ideally reserve in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- While the oven is heating up, shape the cookies: on a perforated tray and with baking paper or a mat, shape the cookies (you can make balls and flatten them to get round cookies, or stretch the dough and give it the shape you want).
- Add whatever filling or decoration you like (ideas below), or simply sprinkle vanilla sugar on top.
- Bake the cookies at medium height in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown but still a little soft to the touch. Take out of the oven and let them cool, they will harden and settle in a few minutes.
Ideas to decorate your butter and gingerbread cookies (inspired by my little ones)
- Sprinkle vanilla sugar or brown sugar (one of my favorite options) all over the cookie or a little bit in the center. Decorate, add flavor and a bit of delicious crunch.
- Add churritos or dark chocolate balls.
- Decorate with churritos or colored balls.
- Garnish with shredded coconut, or with coconut and chocolate churritos (a winning combination).
- Mix the dough with the chocolate and/or coconut churritos, and then shape the cookies. They will be cookies with a surprise inside.
- Instead of churritos, use chocolate chips or chop up dark or white chocolate and add it to the dough.