Rice With Chicken And Vegetables
Today is a happy day, because we welcome Miguel Ángel, a gastronomic blogger from a blog that many of you are familiar with, www.pimientosverdes.com . It opens with a recipe that can be made in a thousand ways and that always attracts everyone's attention: a paella! I definitely encourage you to see it, its proposal is healthy, balanced, tasty and super easy to follow with its step-by-step explanation.
Rice is one of the ingredients that I like to use the most in my kitchen because of its versatility and how well it combines with anything. Whether it is with vegetables, meat, fish or shellfish... it will always look good and we will surely obtain a luxurious dish.
I wanted to start my collaboration with Claudia & Julia with a simple recipe that we cook a lot at home. We love this rice with chicken and we vary the vegetables according to what we find in the market. Sometimes we make them with peas, broad beans, or even a bit of broccoli. Don't be afraid to make your own version of the dish, because it will surely turn out well.
In this recipe for rice with chicken and vegetables I have used my Le Creuset aluminum paella, light and perfect for these preparations. In addition, since it is non-stick, we will not have any problem when cooking with it. Of course, keep in mind that to keep it in perfect condition for a long time you must pamper it and avoid any tool that can scratch it. So to remove the food you cook in it, I recommend that you use wooden or silicone utensils , like the spatula you see in the photo.
Ingredients for 4 people):
1 green pepper
½ red bell pepper
3 plum tomatoes
150g green beans
320 g bomba rice
1 clove garlic
a few sprigs of parsley
1. We put a jet of olive oil in the paella. Salt the chicken and cook it over medium-high heat until it is well browned. We booked.
2. In the same oil where we have cooked the chicken, we fry the grated onion until it is transparent.
3. Add the red and green peppers, cut into small cubes and the beans cut in half and without the tips. Add a pinch of salt and fry until the vegetables begin to soften.
4. Add the grated tomato and fry until it is well concentrated, with a dark color, almost caramelized.
5. Add the rice and artichoke hearts and fry for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the chicken back to the paella.
7. Add 2 and a half times the volume of water over the rice. The water should be very hot. We also add the garlic and parsley, which we will have crushed in the mortar. We add a pinch of coloring, if we decide to use it. At this point, we will add salt and raise the heat. Let cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Then we lower the heat and continue cooking over medium heat for 13 more minutes.
8. After the time, we put out the fire and cover the paella with the lid. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Es curioso que un experto en paellas utilice colorante en vez de azafrán.
Hola Enrique, 3 tomates pera será una buena cantidad ;) gracias, un saludo y a disfrutar del arroz! ;)
Aparentemente sencilla y rica receta. Voy a hacerla este fin de semana :)
Por curiosidad, ¿cuántos tomates rallas para 4 personas?