Lemon yogurt with lemon cream
Are you one of those who consume yogurt frequently? If so, preparing yogurt at home is the best solution, not only because you choose the ingredients you use and forget about the flavoring, preservatives and all the litter of additives, but also because it couldn't be easier.
You only need milk, in this case it can be cow, sheep, goat or soy milk, and of course the ferments, which together with the temperature will be responsible for the fermentation. The ferments can be obtained from another yogurt already prepared, or even today in sachets in organic food stores or pharmacies. The rest is just a matter of imagination.
It is true that they can be prepared in various ways, but for me the simplest solution is a yogurt maker that you prepare and forget about because it keeps the temperature constant, with which you obtain the desired consistency, since without a yogurt maker the temperature is not constant and consistency loses.
The Tefal MultiDelices yogurt maker is also a great option, because it allows you to prepare yogurt in individual portions, and also prepare not only yogurt, but other desserts and yogurt with different flavors and presentations, as in this case, with a lemon cream base. . Shall we go with the recipe?
Yogurt maker Tefal Multidelices
Ingredients (For 6 cups)
For the lemon cream:
- 200 ml lemon juice (4-5 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 60 g rice syrup or honey
- 15 g Cornstarch (1 tbsp.)
- 2 "L" eggs from happy hens
- 1 pinch of salt
For the lemon yogurt:
- 600 ml of whole cow's or soy milk *
- 1 tbsp (25 g) milk powder**
- 1 glass of plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- peel of a lemon
*You can substitute milk for cream to get a Greek yogurt
** Powdered milk is used for yogurt to gain consistency since it provides the calcium that milk loses during pasteurization or UHT processes.
For the lemon cream
- We wash 1 lemon very well and grate the yellow part without taking any of the white. We booked.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons, strain and mix with the rice syrup. Bring to medium heat and let it dissolve.
- In a bowl , beat the eggs and the lemon grater well and mix very well with the cornstarch. I advise you to gradually add the cornstarch to the beaten eggs so that it is well integrated and without lumps.
- Once we have the mixture of eggs, cornstarch and zest well integrated, we pour it into the saucepan , raise the heat a little and stir constantly so that the eggs do not curdle. Be careful that the mixture should not come to a boil at any time.
- The mixture will thicken until it has the texture of light custard. As it cools it will thicken.
- Once ready, we take to a glass jar until it cools down. Remember to cover the glass bottle immediately or cover with film adhered to the cream itself, so that skin does not form on the top.
For the lemon yogurt
- Crush the lemon peel with the sugar in a robot and reserve.
- Mix the milk with the sugar and the crushed lemon peel, the powdered milk, and the natural yogurt
- Cover the bottom of each cup with 2 tablespoons cold or room temperature lemon curd.
- Fill the rest of the glass with the milk mixture and repeat the operation with the rest of the glasses.
- Take the cups without lids to the yogurt maker and cover the yogurt maker with its lid.
- Select Yogurt mode and hit Ok.
- Select the time (between 8-10 hours)
- Do not move the yogurt maker under any circumstances or you will alter the fermentation process.
- Once the cycle is finished, take out your cups, now yes, cover with their lids and put them in the fridge for 3-4 hours until they cool down, to be able to consume.
- They keep well for about 4 days.
Tefal Multidelices yogurt maker jars
- You can aromatize your yogurts with the flavors that you like the most, vanilla, cocoa, jams... but never use fresh fruit, as it releases water and acid. You can use jams to mix with the milk or, as in this case, deposit at the bottom.
- If you only want natural yogurt, mix milk and yogurt and that's it.
- Powdered milk is optional, but it helps give the yogurt more consistency.
- You can substitute milk for cream to get Greek yogurt.
- The longer you leave the yogurt fermenting, the more acidic yogurt you will get.
Me gusta mucho tus recetas de cocina. Lo haces especial…