Free range chicken with blackberries
Photography by wynmaker .
Today we bring you a delicious chicken recipe cooked with a cocotte doufeu Le Creuset !
(for 4 people)
- 4 free-range chicken feet or a whole chicken, cut into chunks
- 100g of dried blackberries
- 1 French onion (èchalote)
- 50cl of fresh cream for cooking (crème fraîchte)
- 50g of butter
- 25cl of young wine
- Salt / ground pepper
- 500g of fresh tagliatelle
- The night before, marinate the chicken thighs with the wine. An hour before, soak the blackberries in a bowl of cold water. Strain. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Melt the butter over low heat in the Doufeu: put the cleaned chicken pieces. Add the chopped onion and fry. Cover the Doufeu, put some ice or cold water on the lid and place in the oven. Let cook for about an hour (the time varies depending on the hardness of the chicken).
- Remove the Doufeu from the oven, add the wine, the blackberries and the fresh cream. Put the Doufeu back on the oven very low and let it reduce for a few minutes. Serve with the tagliatelle.