Indian style Balti chicken
If you are curious or enjoy the flavors of India, there is nothing better than this chicken with a touch of tandoori and garam masala, two of the most popular spices in Indian cuisine, which give it an absolutely delicious flavor in this recipe that you will make making use of only one casserole, in this case the Balti Dish .
Prepare bread, because the resulting sauce is so rich that you will enjoy it a lot: it will be the best success if you accompany it with naan bread.
- 900 g skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 of can of tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp tandoori masala
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- Basmati rice and naan bread to accompany
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato sauce with the garlic and the two masala spices. Booking.
- Heat the Balti Dish on medium-high heat for one minute. Add the vegetable oil.
- When the oil shimmers and begins to smoke, add the onions with a pinch of salt and fry until translucent. Next, add the tomato paste mixture and mix well.
- Add chicken thighs and coat with tomato paste mixture.
- Now, pour in the chicken broth and lower the heat to medium power. Let simmer for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the chicken carefully, with a pair of tongs, and serve on a plate. If you want, you can add more seasoning. Garnish with chopped cashews and cilantro.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread, enjoy!