Today, so you can see how simple and fast cooking en papillote is, we bring you one of the most popular or common recipes using this technique, salmon en papillote . We make it with a potato and courgette base, and you will see that, with four basic ingredients and the special ceramic oven dish for papillotes by Emile Henry , you will get your family to eat healthily and leave the dishes clean.
Surely you have heard of cooking en papillote, a cooking technique that is healthy and easy to apply, with which you get some of the richest flavors.
Cooking en papillote basically consists of enclosing the food in such a way that the steam is retained , and cooks it. The most common was to wrap them in aluminum foil and cook them in the oven (but the use of aluminum is not advisable for health), or silicone utensils were also used to cook in the oven or microwave using that technique. But you already know that we are not very fond of using synthetic materials for cooking, since they degrade and leave unpleasant flavors in food.
The utensil that we are extremely happy with for cooking en papillote is that of Emile Henry. It is made of ceramic, so a totally natural and chemical-free cooking is made. In addition, the ceramic takes temperature and helps to prepare a very fast firing to the papillote. In addition, as a source it is an extraordinary piece, you will see that you use it without a lid also every two by three to make your roasts.
Let's go with the recipe!
- 3 or 4 salmon fillets
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 leek
- 1 large potato
- White wine
- oregano (optional)
- To make the potato base, we scratch the potato with the OXO mandolin at 1.5mm. We distributed the cut slices on the Emile Henry papillotte . and we season
- We repeat the procedure with the zucchini (removing the tip). We go back to seasoning.
- We can cut a few slices of leek and distribute them on top
- On top of that base of vegetables that we have prepared, we place the pieces of salmon, season them with salt and pepper and add a little oil.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of white wine on top of the fish.
- We close with the lid and put the papillote in the oven for 20 minutes at 180ºC.
- We remove from the oven, and we can now serve directly on the table.
When you take the foil out of the oven, you will notice that it has changed color, the red has turned a dark pomegranate red. It is normal, it happens with heat, but when it cools down it will recover its normal color.