How to Smoke Spiced Salmon in the Nordic Ware Smoker
I am very excited that our friend Loreto, from the Sabores de Colores gastronomic blog, presents us with this rich and tasty recipe for smoked salmon. It makes me excited because it shows us how easy it can be to get a super special touch (and in this case spicy!) in fish or meat. It achieves this thanks to the Nordic Ware smoker , a utensil that leaves no one indifferent, and whoever dares to try it becomes addicted to transforming fish, meat or vegetables into unique, tender and flavored pieces in the best way.
Loreto, already an expert with the smoker, accompanies this salmon with a flavored crème fraîche that will give you a lot of play.
Autumn has arrived and you are beginning to crave dishes that will make you fly to the mountains. Can you imagine being able to prepare your favorite recipes with smoky touches, aromas of wood,...?
And by saying mount does not mean that it has to be all meat, today I present you a smoked and spiced salmon; smoked in the Nordic Ware smoker , it is cooked with the smoke of wood chips and you can not imagine what a great delight.
On this occasion we will marinate the salmon for an hour before smoking it so that it has added aromas in addition to the wood that we will get in the smoker.
It is such a simple and delicious dish that without hesitation it can become part of an informal dinner or even a festive dinner, you know that this will always depend on how we want to accompany it.
For the smoked salmon:
- 550 gr salmon in one piece
- 350 gr coarse salt
- 175 gr brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 250ml water
- 2 tablespoons of wood shavings
For the flavored crème fraîche:
- 250 g crème fraiche
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
1. In a bowl, mix the coarse salt, sugar, grated ginger, cayenne pepper and lime zest.
2. We distribute a third of the mixture on a large plate or tray, arrange the salmon on the mixture on the skin side. Next we cover with the remaining two thirds. Press lightly and leave to marinate for an hour in the fridge.
3. After an hour, remove the salmon from the fridge, wash the piece under the tap, dry it with absorbent paper and place it on the perforated tray of the smoker.
4. Finally, once the salmon is marinated, we place two spoons of wood chips in the bottom of the smoker . Next, we place the container for the liquids, pour the 250 gr of water and the lime juice (in this case it is necessary to smoke with liquid so that the salmon remains juicier), on it we place the tray together with the salmon and we cover We light the fire and cook for 15 minutes. (Do not let the smoker go over 100ºC, you can control it on the thermometer it has, if you see that the temperature is over, all you have to do is lower the heat.).
5. While the salmon is being smoked, I encourage you to prepare the flavored crème fraîche, they are the perfect marriage. To prepare it, it is as easy as mixing the ingredients in a bowl and seasoning with pepper.
You can serve the salmon hot, warm or cold, accompanied by the crême fraîche, it is delicious in every way. But it is important that you do not expect the type of salmon found in supermarkets, the one I offer you today is a juicy salmon, with touches of wood that make it a real temptation.
Ana Lucia Sevila Llinares said:
En el post de como ahumar salmón, veo que el ahumado es de Nordic Ware, pero cuando pincho, sale el de Zwilling, que no lleva termómetro de temperatura. Es lo mismo ?