Vanilla and chocolate cake
This chocolate and vanilla sponge cake has triumphed this summer at home. Because yes, we have continued baking to have homemade and delicious breakfasts and snacks.
Now that we enter the autumn, surely you are encouraged to try it. We have made it as a cake, in the beautiful Nordic Ware Classic Fluted Loaf mold, which I have also given away on more than one occasion, but you can bake it in another mold such as the tall Emile Henry mold or the rectangular Le Creuset mold . Or turn it into a beautiful vanilla and chocolate bundt cake simply by using a bundt pan with the central chimney so unique to Nordic Ware pans!
It is such an ornate golden mold that it always elicits an exclamation when it is seen for the first time. This recipe is very simple and always turns out well ; children love it, since it is the homemade version of a well-known commercial cake, do you know?
- 280 g of pastry flour
- 4 eggs
- 180g sugar
- 160g olive oil
- 180ml whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80g dark chocolate
- In a large pastry bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Beat the eggs together with the sugar and vanilla paste until you get a fluffy mixture.
- Add the olive oil and beat until incorporated.
- We incorporate the dry ingredients and milk in 5 times, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough into two approximately equal parts.
- We melt the dark chocolate in the microwave and once we have it at room temperature, we add it to the second mass. With the help of a spatula we mix it with enveloping movements until it is integrated.
- We grease the Nordic Ware mold or another rectangular (such as the tall Emile Henry mold or the rectangular Le Creuset mold ) with butter or spray and fill it incorporating the two masses alternately creating lines but trying not to mix them. It does not need to be equal or symmetrical, on the contrary.
- Once the mold is filled with dough, we will hit it on the countertop so that the dough fills perfectly all the possible holes that we have with air.
- We take the mold to the oven (preheated to 170º C) for 55-60 minutes or until when inserting a toothpick into the bundt, it comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and leave it at room temperature on a rack for about 10 minutes. After this time, unmold and leave it again on the grids at room temperature until it cools completely.
You can cover the cake with a glaze based on a tablespoon of liquid cream and half a cup of beaten icing sugar. It is beautiful how it falls between the reliefs and it is also absolutely delicious.
NOTE: Remember that I have made it as a rectangular cake, but following exactly the same recipe, quantities and steps you can make it in a bundt mold with the central chimney so particular to Nordic Ware molds, to turn it into an unbeatable and precious bundt vanilla and chocolate cake.
Excelente preparación, os quiero contar que yo estoy por empezar esta fp pastelería y panadería, estoy muy entusiasmado con las elaboraciones de pastelería y repostería.
Podrías decirme el
Tamaño del molde y cuantos gramos son 1cc