Contrasts of grilled vegetables with millet and crispy tofu
Stéphane Poussardin, and through the collaboration with Delicooks, never ceases to fascinate us: this time he turns a combination of numerous common ingredients, all suitable for vegetarians, into a multicolored delight for the eyes and the palate! Do you dare to try?
- 125 gr. of tofu
- 50 gr. of green beans
- 2 small potatoes cooked in the oven with skin
- 4 mini eggplants
- 4 mini zucchini
- 4 baby carrots
- 4 green asparagus
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 mushrooms
- 4 mini yellow or red bell peppers
- ½ cassava
- ½ sweet potato
- 4 mustard leaves
- 4 beetroot leaves
- 200 gr. millet
- 60 gr. dehydrated crunchy onion (in a health food store) optional.
- hazelnut oil
- Sunflower oil
- 60 gr. vegetable margarine
- ½ c/c old-fashioned mustard
- ½ orange
- Whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp gomasio (sesame salt)
For the coffee streusel Sand texture (optional):
- 50 gr. vegetable butter
- 50 gr. whole wheat flour
- 40 gr. of fructose
- 25 gr. powdered coffee
For the tofu:
- Cut the tofu into equal cubes.
- Mix the old mustard, the grated orange peel, the melted vegetable butter, the curry and coat the tofu with the breadcrumbs. Reserve.
For the coffee streusel . Sand texture: (optional)
- Mix all the sifted dry ingredients and the chopped vegetable butter to obtain a homogeneous mass. Leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Then cut into small cubes and bake for 20 minutes at 160º.
For the vegetables:
- Mark all the vegetables on a grill or pan. Reserve.
For the cassava and sweet potato chips:
- Cut the sweet potato and cassava into very thin slices, flour and fry in plenty of sunflower oil. Dry with absorbent paper and season with the gomasio.
For the millet:
- Toast the millet in a pan and wet it with hot water, let it cook for about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Sauté the millet with a little hazelnut oil and the crispy (dehydrated) onion.
- Place the millet at the bottom of the plate, a little streusel, the vegetables well placed on top, the chips and finally the beetroot leaves, mustard. Fry the tofu in sunflower oil until crisp, arrange it on top of the vegetables.
- Season with the hazelnut oil and a little gomasio.