Meringue nests with strawberries
With very few ingredients we can make an exceptional dessert. These meringues with roasted strawberry sauce is a recipe as beautiful as it is sweet and delicious. I think we can agree that it can be the perfect recipe for your Valentine's Day, or to say "I want to make you happy", just by taking one of these meringue nests to our loved ones.
Making the meringues is very easy, you just need a powerful mixer and letting the oven cook them at a low temperature for a long time. I leave you some tips to make meringue in the recipe, I hope you find them useful.
As for the strawberries, you can always serve it with natural strawberries, but I really encourage you to make roasted strawberries: their aroma intensifies and both in the meringues and when making the sauce, I think you will notice a big difference if you cook them a little at first. fire.
What do you say? Do you dare to surprise your Valentine with this recipe?
For the meringue:
- 150g white sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp corn flour (maizena type)
- 1 pinch of salt
- A few drops of lemon juice
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
For the strawberry sauce and presentation
- 1 glass of Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons of cream for cooking
- 300 grams of strawberries
How to make the meringue nests:
- Preheat oven to 110°C.
- With an electric mixer or the KitchenAid with the balloon attachment, start beating the egg whites. When they start to foam, add the sugar little by little. Once this is added, and to gain consistency, add the drops of lemon, the pinch of salt and the tablespoon of corn flour (*see notes).
- On a baking tray , place parchment paper (not necessary if it is already a non-stick tray), and with the help of a couple of spoons or with the De Buyer gun, arrange the meringue obtained, forming the meringue nests. Leave the center a little flatter if you want to later arrange the strawberries on top, or make them in a pyramid shape if you just want to drizzle them with strawberry sauce.
- Place in the oven, and let them cook at a low temperature, between 110 and 120ºC, for two hours. When you see that they are dry, stop the oven and let them cool little by little, leaving them inside the oven, but with the oven door open (so the meringues will not fall).
How to make the strawberry sauce and assemble the nests:
- The nests will be delicious if instead of fresh strawberries you apply roasted strawberries . So, while the meringues are being made, you can put an additional tray with some quartered strawberries to be baked, or you can cook them in the Dupla pan on the heat for a few minutes (you will see that thanks to the oven effect of the pan, strawberries are done in a few minutes).
- For the strawberry sauce , simply beat the strawberries (if they are the ones you have roasted, all the better, as their aroma will be more intense, and remember to save part of them for the presentation of the meringue) with the help of a blender until you get a puree of strawberries. Add the cream and the Grand Marnier, and reserve it for one hour in the fridge.
- At the time of presenting the dessert, arrange a nest of strawberries with some roasted strawberries on top (the strawberries already settled, so as not to lower the meringue), and pour a little strawberry sauce on top.
- *Corn flour, as well as salt, help to obtain greater consistency in the meringue, but if you want you can not put them.
- If you want the meringue to take on a vanilla flavor, add the vanilla extract while you're whipping the egg whites, but it's totally optional in the recipe. Without it, you get a meringue with the classic meringue flavor.
- When serving, you can arrange the strawberries but serve the sauce in a separate bowl to ensure the meringue keeps its shape and your guests will surely love pouring that tempting sauce themselves.
- The meringues will also be delicious if you serve them with cherries. You can also serve them with roasted strawberries as we have said in the recipe, but make the sauce with cherries. They are flavors that are great between them.
Aquí los tienes Vero:
Quería la receta de alfajores argentinos …y me sale otra de merengues riquísimos también pero no me quiero perder la de los alfajores plis🙏🙏🙏