Garlic Prawns (In airfryer!)
Garlic shrimp lover? Fan of simple but delicious cuisine? This dish is for you! Garlic prawns, a classic of Spanish gastronomy, have been reinvented today in our kitchen to bring a more convenient and healthy version to prepare than ever. We do it in our reliable air fryer (in our case the Zwilling fryer ), with which you can enjoy these deliciously crispy shrimp, full of flavor and with that touch of garlic that makes them irresistible, all without the need to submerge them in oil. . Yes, you heard right!
I hope you enjoy this classic Spanish tapas dish in a low-fat, quick and simply delicious version. So get ready for the irresistible aroma of garlic and shrimp that cook in the blink of an eye. Let's dive into the recipe!
Zwilling Oil-Free Air Fryer (4L Capacity)
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 250g prawns or shrimp (can be fresh or frozen, can be peeled)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh chilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 files
- ½ bunch of parsley
- Defrost the shrimp if you had them frozen, in a container with absorbent paper or on a rack. Peel and devein the shrimp if they are fresh. Wash and dry with absorbent paper.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic cloves.
- Clean the chilli, wash them and cut them in two lengthwise. Remove the seeds and also chop it finely.
- Wash the limes under hot water, grate the skin of one lime and squeeze its juice. The second lime, cut it into wedges.
- Wash the parsley and shake it dry. Remove some leaves and chop them with a knife. Booking.
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the lime juice and zest, the chili, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the prawns or shrimp, mix well to coat.
- Transfer the shrimp to the air fryer rack (if you want and for convenience, you can also use a paper air fryer tray ). Cook with the “Prawn” program (160°C) for approx. 8-10 minutes (if the shrimp are large, you may need to extend the time up to 12 minutes). Once finished, remove immediately.
- When serving, you can do so by presenting them in a small serving bowl, or on some slices of toasted bread (several on each slice). An exquisiteness!
- You can leave the shrimp marinating hours beforehand in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. Tastier than they will be!
- I encourage you to prepare some fries or sweet potato in the air fryer, and serve it with the prawns. You will have a dish that they will devour at home, free of oil but full of delicious things!
I leave you an idea of presentation, and I invite you to see all the air fryers and ovens (oil-free fryers and ovens) that we have at Claudia&Julia here .
Presentation idea, with fries or sweet potato you will have a delicious dish: