Cereal bread and fig jam with Panificadora
There is no easier way to prepare bread than with a bread maker. You just have to enter the ingredients in it and choose the program you want. In the same way, the bread maker allows you to make jam, without having to be there stirring the preparation. In short, a real luxury.
Although the bakery brings with it a very comprehensive recipe book, Beatriz (author ofTo Be Gourmet ) brings us a cereal bread recipe that we assure you is delicious -perfect for enjoying good bread and great to combine with any diet after summer. To enjoy!
Waking up in the morning with fresh bread ready for breakfast is a real luxury. If we also accompany it with a seasonal fruit jam, for example some figs brought from the market the day before, the experience becomes a festival for gourmets.
Best of all, this scenario can be brought to life with little effort just by spending a little time the evening before. While we read a book or do any other playful or relaxing activity, our bread and jam cook themselves in the Moulinex Bread Maker .
The best: a healthy way to start the day, with a bread that can be included in any post-summer diet, and that will not be harmed by a couple of tablespoons of our special jam because... two is not the same as twenty-two.
For the cereal bread:
- 380g of water at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 500g of strong flour
- 50g of wheat bran
- 80g of pumpkin seeds
- 100g of flax seeds
- A packet of baker's yeast
For the fig jam:
- 450g of figs
- 250g of sugar
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 10 blueberries
First we are going to make the bread.
- Put all the ingredients in the basket of the bread maker .
- We select the size of "750gr", and the level of toasting that we prefer (I like the "little toasted").
- Next we mark program 4 to make the bread.
- When finished, we leave the basket out of the machine for about ten minutes to cool and remove the bread from the mold. If we turn the blades from below by hand, it is easier to release.
Let's prepare the jam.
- We put the ingredients of the jam inside the bread maker . You can introduce the figs peeled and cut into quarters, or you can cut them in half and easily extract the pulp from inside with a spoon.
- We select the corresponding program for the preparation of the jam, the 15.
- In about an hour we will have the jam made, and we will only have to put it in boats, let it cool down and put it in the fridge.
- We add the blueberries to the fig jam because in addition to being rich in pectin, which helps to naturally thicken the jam, they are a magnificent source of antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Regarding the bread, being freshly made it lasts several days in perfect conditions, and if there are few of us at home we can freeze it cut into slices and toast at the moment without defrosting.
In short, a delicious and very healthy breakfast to tackle the day full of vitamins and energy. Energy that carbohydrates give us, mainly slow absorption, and that will keep us away from the temptation to snack for the rest of the day.