With this Cuban mojito recipe we are inaugurating the hot season, together with our Magimix Cook Expert . In this recipe we use the robot mainly to make a perfect crushed ice * and cool down our mojito to the max, although there are purists who prefer ice cubes. This gives us the excuse to prepare it both ways and compare… field study, it's called.
Legends say that the wonderful mojito was invented in Cuba and that it was one of the many favorite alcohols of Mr. Hemingway, who drank it in the famous Bodeguita del Medio in Havana... oh, what those times.
If you have not tried the Cuban mojito, you are already late, because this masterful mixture of rum, lime juice, mint, sugar and ice is one of the most refreshing cocktails that exist. Let's go with him, that with the Magimix this cocktail can be prepared by a six-year-old child. Although I will deny that I said it.
*I have used the Magimix Cook Expert, which leaves the ice perfectly crushed in no time. In the absence of it, you can use a glass blender.
Mediterranean crystal glasses , Cuba del Magimix cook expert robot Y Pallarès carbon steel knife
Ingredients (for 4 mojitos)
- 200ml of aged rum
- 80g of white or brown sugar
- 150ml lime juice
- 4-5 mint leaves per glass
- 400ml sparkling water
- 400g of ice cubes
- Squeeze the juice from the limes and reserve.
- We wash the mint leaves and distribute them in the glasses .
- We put the ice cubes in the glass of the Magimix . We select the Mixer program, Crushed ice and press Auto . If the ice is not perfectly crushed at the end of the minute automatically assigned to the program, we repeat the program and stop when we see that it is perfectly crushed.
- Remove the lid plug and add the lime juice, rum and sugar. We program Crushed Ice again and stop by pressing Stop when we judge that the mojito is well mixed.
- We distribute the mojito in the glasses prepared with the mint. We just filled the glasses with the sparkling water.
- We crush the mint a little in each glass with a long spoon or some other utensil for that purpose (experts say that this is essential and in truth the touch of mint is magnificent), garnish with a slice of lime and pounce on the mojito . But with elegance.
Mediterránea glass glasses , Magimix Cook Expert robot vat and Pallarès carbon steel knife
Although I'm wrong to say it, what does this mojito look like. There are those who prefer to use white rum instead of the aged rum that I have used, but personally I think that aged rum has more flavor than white. Judge for yourselves.