How to make waffles at home
Today I will give you long teeth, and I want to talk to you about making waffles! I am convinced that most of you have tried them at some time, because they are quite a temptation wherever you see them. Today you will see how easy it is to prepare them at home (although it is true that you require the right utensil), and get inspired to accompany them with the most tempting ingredients.
Let's start with the basics: What is a waffle?
A waffle is a kind of cookie that is characterized by having a grid shape . The dough is prepared with an egg and flour base, usually takes a vanilla touch and is served hot.
Although you can eat it as is accompanying a tea or coffee, the usual thing is to accompany it with chocolate cream or cream, ice cream, syrup, fruit, nuts with honey, jam...
You may also see it written in French, gaufre, or in English, waffle.
How to prepare waffles
The waffles obtain their characteristic shape since the dough is inserted between two plates with said drawing. Traditionally they were iron plates, although today and for convenience we find them non-stick, to facilitate the preparation process.
The important thing when choosing a waffle iron is that it distributes the heat well, since otherwise the waffles will be burned on one side and the raw dough on the other ends, which could even be indigestible (remember that it is a dough of flour and egg).
A waffle maker that gives us all the confidence and with which we are very satisfied is the Nordic Ware waffle maker . It is somewhat heavy despite being made of aluminum (because it contains two plates), but it has a construction and a thickness such that the heat is distributed evenly, and allows you to make 4 wonderful waffles at the same time. In addition, the plates have a non-stick coating that helps to achieve perfect waffles without complications.
Basic recipe to prepare waffles
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of milk
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the yolks until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and butter, mixing until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and salt. Add to egg mixture, alternating with milk, until well combined.
- Whip the egg whites until they form peaks and incorporate them into the dough with encircling movements.
- Preheat the waffle maker over medium heat for two minutes on each side (what you can do to save time is to preheat the two halves separately, on two different burners at the same time). Brush the waffle maker with vegetable oil or non-stick spray and pour approximately 1 cup of batter into the center of the waffle maker, closing it will spread the batter all over the base*.
- Cook for about 1 minute, turn the waffle maker over and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a silicone spatula and serve with the accompaniment that you like the most.
*On the waffle maker page ( here ), below the product description, you will see a video that shows very well how waffles are made. If you want to make a single waffle but without square edges, put a smaller amount of dough in the center, it will expand in a circular way but without reaching the edges, obtaining an irregular but original and equally delicious waffle (in the video you will see it ).
Hola Gema, pues mucho me temo que no sé responderte!! La primera que hemos incorporado es la de Nordic Ware, como habrás visto, y no es apta para inducción… pero es que no conozco ni he probado otra!! Lo lamento!!
Gema lunar Soriano said:
? Que gofrera/ sándwichera conocéis q valga para inducción por favor? ?O eléctrica?