Crispy Spiced Chickpeas
You can make a delicious and healthy snack in the easiest way: this recipe for spiced chickpeas is an irresistible snack, and preparing it takes only a minute, and dry!
In this recipe for spiced chickpeas, it is ideal to make it in a dehydrator : you can make them in as much quantity as you want (using more or less trays from the machine or taking advantage of the fact that you have some free while you dehydrate fruit or other foods) and knowing that you are consuming very little electricity, because the WMF dehydrator is a low consumption machine.
Made in the dehydrator, you can either leave them soft or dry them practically completely, which is how I like them the most: Super crunchy! You will see that it will be a start and not stop eating them.
Apart from making them in a dehydrator, you could also make them in a pan, in the oven or, which is also very practical, in the Actifry oil-free air fryer or in the Smart Fryer Sage air oven -both equally healthy options than the dehydrator because they will be just as crunchy and rich.
- Cooked chickpeas (quantity to taste, you can fill a tray as well as all the trays in the dehydrator)
- Black pepper*
- sweet paprika*
- A tablespoon of light olive oil (optional)
The amount of ingredients will depend entirely on the amount of chickpeas and your taste for spiciness. More explanations are given in the recipe.
- Arrange a baking paper on each tray of the WMF dehydrator that you are going to use.
- Spread the chickpeas out on the tray(s).
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients on them: add salt with your fingers, sprinkling a little on top of all; the pepper with the mill, going over everything quickly, and make the paprika and sweet pepper with your fingers, without overdoing it.
- Add a tablespoon of oil per tray (you can totally skip adding it).
- Stir the chickpeas with the help of a spoon or spatula to homogenize the spices and cover the dehydrator.
- Program the dehydrator at 70 ºC for 1.30 hours (you can set more or less time according to your preferences whether to make them more tender or drier) and turn it on.
Enjoy this delicious snack! You will see that if you start, you cannot stop, you are warned.
NOTE: In addition to using it as a snack in an appetizer, these chickpeas are undoubtedly an ideal accompaniment in salads. Either as a condiment in your green salad or as a main element with a bit of mozzarella, they are the most ideal.