Luisa Morón, author of Cooking with my Carmela , surprises us today with the recipe to make a very special pâté. It is a pate of chestnuts, mushrooms and smoked tofu, a unique combination so that you can enjoy every bite.
Coming this time, chestnuts are one of my favorite ingredients in the kitchen, nothing richer than preparing a chestnut cream, roasting them that are luxurious or, why not, using them as an ingredient for a vegetable pate that is super tasty, that Everyone will like it and it is also very healthy, suitable for vegans.
To preserve it, I recommend using airtight jars, to ensure that it remains in good condition for more days. In my case I have used those by Luigi Bormioli , which allow the lid to be completely separated and you can serve the pate directly at the table.
You cannot miss it, since it is a simple recipe and no one will really know what ingredients you have used. Or will you be the one to reveal the secret?
- 80gr of peeled and cooked chestnuts
- 150g sliced or whole mushrooms
- 120g of smoked tofu
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and peel the chestnuts. To do this, boil water in a saucepan or saucepan . Make a tiny cut in the shell of all the chestnuts and, when the water is already boiling, add the chestnuts and cook for 20-25 minutes. After that time, remove from heat, peel and reserve.
- Clean the mushrooms well with a clean kitchen towel and slice them (you can also use the stems). Cut the smoked tofu into small dice. Peel the garlic cloves and slice them.
- Heat a frying pan , when it is ready add two tablespoons of oil and add the garlic, mushrooms and tofu, fry until the mushrooms are dwindling. Let cook for 8-9 minutes over moderate heat, stirring from time to time.
- When they are almost done, add the chestnuts to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add everything to a glass or food processor to blend, along with the remaining two tablespoons of oil, water, salt, and pepper. You should get a creamy texture.
- Store in the refrigerator in a hermetically sealed glass jar .
At the time of serving, you can put on top some slices of mushrooms or tofu for decoration, or slices of gherkins or French onions in vinegar. Don't forget to present it with some slices of bread or toast!
You can keep the pâté for 3 to 4 days in the fridge, although I think it will last less...! I hope you like it as much as at home, it is a very healthy and tasty pâté. At home it flies every time I do it!