Grilled lamb with oriental spices and tabouleh
The combination of lamb tenderloin with couscous, spices and yogurt results in an explosion of flavors and textures . This piece of lamb is a cut that is made just above the leg of the animal and is usually cooked whole on the grill, and then cut at the time of serving.
Since it is already a fatty meat in itself, I recommend that you always grill or grill the lamb with as little oil or cooking fat as possible. You will see that it is a very tasty meat, and the dish with the couscous and the spices will give it a special touch that will surprise anyone who tries it.
As for what type of grill to use, I recommend doing it on an iron one . It is ideal to put the fire at maximum power without worrying about damaging any non-stick, but without a doubt the best virtue is that it is the best way to enjoy all the flavor of the meat, because when it reaches a high temperature it seals the meat at the moment and retains so all its flavor.
Ingredients for 4 people)
- 70 g raw couscous
- 85 ml of boiling water
- 400 g of lamb tenderloin in two pieces
- 2 tablespoons sumac or any hot spice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus extra to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of chopped mint leaves
- 1 handful of chopped parsley leaves
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded, chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 100g crumbled feta cheese
- 500 g of cherry tomatoes to serve
- plain greek yogurt to serve
- Cover the couscous with the boiling water and cover it, off the heat, leaving it for about 5 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
- Add the mint, parsley, cucumber, avocado and feta cheese to the couscous, mixing well. We booked.
- We pre-heated our Le Creuset grill over medium heat. Meanwhile, we mix the sumac or spices together with the oil, salt and pepper. Add the lamb to the bowl so that it is impregnated with the mixture.
- When the grill is hot, we cook the meat for about 3-4 minutes on each side on the grill, until it is to the point that we like the most, although it is good to know that this meat is usually eaten rare.
- To serve, place some couscous on the bottom of the plate, top with the lamb, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, and serve along with the tomatoes and yoghurt.
Oooh, muchísimas gracias por tus amables palabras, Emilia! Es un placer y un guso tras escuchar comentarios como el tuyo. Un saludo!
felicito a vuestro equipo por la dedicación y saber hacer en este bloc.
Muchísimas gracias por ponernos al día i hacer más fácil nuestras cocinitas? Suerte