With remains of brioche, milk bread, croissants or ensaimadas you can make a delicious dessert. This coconut milk pudding has won us over from the first spoonful.
It is an easy-to-make dessert, as well as a fantastic recipe to use. I have used very little sugar, since the milk bread is already sweet and has caramelized sugar at the base, so it is perfectly balanced.
This pudding is very creamy thanks to the coconut milk and its steam cooking in the special Kitchen Kraft pudding mold , which retains all the moisture inside; In addition, there is no need to worry because it is very easy to remove from the mold and does not stick.
It is a quick recipe, with few ingredients and that you can leave to cook in the oven while you prepare dinner. A dessert for every day, a dessert for the family, a pudding to serve at a family celebration... it is an all-rounder that does not leave you indifferent. Contrary to what it may seem, it has a soft and delicate coconut flavor, so everyone likes it.
Ingredients for 6-8 people
Total time approx. 1 hour 35 minutes Cooking time in the oven 1h 15 minutes.
- 600 ml of canned coconut milk (1 can and a half)
- 170 g of brioche, milk bread, croissants or ensaimada
- 100g of sugar
- 50 g grated coconut
- 5 eggs
- Caramel made with 150 g of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water or liquid caramel
- Optional: Add 50 g of raisins soaked in rum
NOTE: The mold has a capacity of 2 liters, and I did not use its full capacity. At the end of the recipe I leave you a larger proportion in case you want to make it bigger.
- Cut the brioche remains into 1 cm cubes. Heat the coconut milk with the sugar in a saucepan for 2 minutes; just the time necessary for the sugar to dissolve, It is not necessary to heat a lot. Turn off and reserve.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the milk and sugar mixture, the grated coconut, the soaked and drained raisins, and the brioche bits. Let soak well.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Prepare a casserole with hot water, and calculate well that the pudding mold fits in it and can be covered by water at least three quarters of its capacity.
- Pour the mixture of eggs and milk into the pudding mold , close the lid correctly. Place the container with water in the oven and then insert the mold into it. Add more water to the container if necessary and cook in the oven in a bain-marie for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remember that the water should never come to a boil.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, open the oven door carefully to slowly let out the generated steam. When the heat of the oven has decreased, remove the mold from the container and let it cool down to later let it cool in the fridge.
- When you want to serve it, first make sure that it is completely detached from the edges. In principle it is not necessary, but if it were the case, pass a knife very carefully so as not to scratch the mold. Remove the lid from the mold and place the serving tray on top as a lid. Turn it as if you were an omelette. Serve with grated coconut on top and some candied fruits.
(*) If you want to increase the proportion to fill the mold to its full capacity: 6 eggs, 720 ml of coconut milk, 60 g of grated coconut. 60 g of raisins, 120 g of sugar, 200 g of brioche / milk bread
(**) If you add 50 g of soaked raisins to the pudding, you will get the perfect dessert, because it is an infallible combination.