Zucchini and feta pancakes
Healthy, fun, tasty and very easy to prepare. These zucchini and feta pancakes have everything to make you succeed with your family or to give yourself a personal whim. They can be served as a starter or as a side dish, although nothing prevents them from being the protagonists of the aperitif moment.
They are made with our very own ingredients and bear the seal of the Mediterranean marked on both sides. For them to be perfect, it is important to drain the zucchini well, which, as you know, releases a lot of water, so that, when adding the rest of the ingredients, you obtain a compact and manageable mass.
Mineral B De Buyer iron pan , Caractère Revol plate and Revol porcelain ramequin
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 2 courgettes
- 1 spring onion
- 2 eggs
- 180g feta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 sprig of fresh dill
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika flakes
- ground black pepper
- 60-80g wheat flour
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
Magimix food processor and Pallarès kitchen knife
- Wash the courgettes well, remove the ends and discard them. We pass the rest through a grater or, as I have done, we grate them with the Magimix robot .
- Remove and discard the outer layer of the onion and also the ends of the leaves. Cut the rest in half and grate it.
- Mix the courgettes with the spring onion and place them inside a cloth or cheesecloth. We hold by the ends and turn, pressing so that the zucchini and onion release their water. We drain as much as possible.
- Beat the eggs in a wide and deep bowl. Add the feta cheese and crumble it.
- Next we add the lemon zest, the herbs, all of them finely chopped, and the spices.
- Add the drained zucchini-onion mixture and mix well.
- We finish the dough by adding the wheat flour and stirring until we obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in our iron skillet and drop spoonfuls of the mixture, flattening gently to form a pancake.
- Fry the pancakes over medium heat for five minutes on each side or until they get a nice golden color.
- We serve freshly made or cold, either way they are great. Especially if we accompany them with a bowl of sour cream or yogurt sauce.
Porcelain plate Caractère Revol and fork with wooden handle Pallarès
Es una gran combinación, verdad José? Feliz de que te guste, un saludo y a disfrutarla.