key lime pie
That I like to cook is no secret. I love getting into the kitchen and spending hours on the stove and in the oven, but I also enjoy whipping up easy recipes like this key lime pie. Because I don't always have the time, or the desire, or it's hot as hell, and the last thing I think about is turning on the oven. For those moments it comes in handy to have easy ideas up your sleeve and this is one of them.
If you know the biscuit and chocolate birthday cake of a lifetime, I will tell you that this recipe is a version with a citrus and refreshing touch. It has no complications. It consists of alternating layers of biscuit with lime cream and crowning the whole with sweetened whipped cream . We can present it in the same source in which we assemble it or unmold it on a serving plate or a board. Everything will depend on the occasion.
Revol porcelain tray , Pallarès carbon steel knife and Caractère de Revol porcelain plates
Ingredients (for 8-10 people)
- 180g sugar
- 30 g cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 500ml evaporated milk
- 45g butter
- 4 limes
- 62-64 rectangular cookies
- 200 ml of liquid whipping cream (35% MG)
- 20g icing sugar
- Mint leaves to decorate
- In a saucepan , mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt with a few rods .
- Add the egg yolks and evaporated milk and beat again with the whisk. Bring to a boil and heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil. Cook for a minute and remove from heat.
- Then, on one hand, we cut the butter into cubes and, on the other, we wash and dry the limes, grate them and squeeze their juice.
- Add the butter and lime zest to the saucepan, stirring until the butter has melted and completely incorporated.
- Add the lime juice, little by little and stirring constantly so that the cream does not cut.
- Pour the cream into a deep container and cover with plastic wrap, in contact with the cream so that skin does not form. Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile we line a rectangular mold with parchment paper and place a layer of cookies covering the entire base well. You may need to cut cookie pieces to fill in the gaps.
- Spread a layer of lime cream on the cookies. Place another layer of cookies on top and then another layer of cream. And so we alternate layers until we finish with a last layer of cookies.
- We cover the dish and put it in the fridge, where we let the cake take shape for 3-4 hours.
- When we are going to serve the easy lime pie, we mount the cream (which must be very cold) together with the icing sugar in a deep bowl and with the help of manual or electric metal rods.
- We cover the surface of the cake with the cream, sprinkle with lime zest to give a touch of color and decorate with some fresh mint leaves.
- We serve immediately.
Caractère de Revol porcelain plates , Pallarès carbon steel knife , Sophie Conran T&G wooden board and Revol porcelain tray
Se podría su sustituir la lima por limón,y cuántos ml de zumo serían?
Fco. Javier Hernández said:
Hola esta sección de recetas es muy interesante pero podía mejorar pudiendo imprimir cada receta.
Gracias por hacer más fácil la vida a los cocinillas.
Muy rica. Es rápida, sencilla y ligera.
La hizo mi hija para el día de la Madre.
En vez de con galletas rectangulares, la hizo con galletas hojaldradas redondas.
Gracias por la receta.
Hola, me parece deliciosa, no hay que humedecer las galletas? Que tipo de galletas se utilizan? de Chocolate o de vainilla?