Salmon tacos with oriental sauce
We love fresh salmon at home and our latest discovery is these salmon tacos in oriental sauce . To prepare it we use a wok and in a very short time we have it on the table.
The truth is that we use it a lot because it encourages us to eat more vegetables and healthy ingredients and it is also very easy to handle. It's amazing how fast everything is done!
For this recipe I recommend you buy a good quality salmon, leave it undercooked to appreciate its texture and enjoy it much more. You can also replace the broccoli with wild asparagus or make half and half.
Nonstick Wok with Ken Hom Wood Handle and Zester Premium Microplane Grater
Ingredients: (For 4 people)
- 400 g of fresh salmon
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- 2 scallions or 1 large sweet onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g Chinese noodles
- toasted sesame
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon of rice wine
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 300 ml of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of cornmeal
- In a container, mix the soy sauce, the rice wine, the honey, the ginger, the cornmeal and 100 ml of the vegetable broth.
- Cut the salmon into cubes, put the wok on the heat, when it smokes add a thread of oil and sauté the salmon in two or three batches just to mark it. It will take us 5 minutes. We reserve it.
- Cut the broccoli into small twigs, the spring onions into thin slices, lightly salt them (the sauce is already a dressing) and throw everything in the wok when it is hot again.
- We sauté it for a couple of minutes with wrist movements that make the vegetables turn over and over again. We can also help ourselves with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sauce and integrate with the spoon so that they take on the flavor.
- Add the rest of the broth, 200 ml, and wait for it to come to a temperature before adding the Chinese noodles so that they cook at the same time as the vegetables. About 4 minutes or until the broth is consumed.
- Add the salmon and mix gently, so that it does not fall apart with the rest of the ingredients.
- We serve immediately sprinkled with a little toasted sesame if we feel like it.
Non-stick wok with Ken Hom wooden handle and Caractère Revol porcelain plates
Ken Hom woks are such beautiful pieces that they can be brought to the center of the table to serve diners directly and enjoy sharing the food.