Salmon with paprika and lemon
For me, a perfect meal: the most tender salmon fillets and seasoned with a spicy and lemon - flavored mixture . It's a low carb, protein packed, tangy and lemony recipe, just what I'm looking for to bring salmon to life!
This salmon recipe is ideal for your day to day life: one of the easiest meals to prepare -you make the sauce to season it in a jiffy- and we also make it in record time because we will make it in pressure cooker , and in 3 minutes of cooking you will have the salmon ready.
So we'll do steamed and pressured salmon in express time , a great option to maintain all the properties and flavor of salmon, in a recipe that I hope you enjoy a lot.
Ingredients to make salmon
Before putting the salmon in the pot to cook it, we will season it with a most intense mixture: we will make a mixture of herbs and spices such as paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme and basil, among others, and we will give it a vibrant and intense touch of lemon.
If all this sounds good to you, to start with the recipe you will need: salmon fillets (fresh or frozen), unsalted butter, fresh garlic, onion powder, paprika (sweet, spicy or a mixture of both according to your preferences in terms of intensity ), cayenne pepper, basil, salt and pepper, and lemon.
- 3 or 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons (about 45g) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika*
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- 1/2 black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon (about 15 g) lemon juice
*You can substitute part of the sweet paprika for hot paprika, if you are looking for more intensity.
WMF garlic press , Skillet Le Creuset frying pan Y pressure cooker Perfect WMF
- Clean the salmon and dry it with kitchen paper.
- Make a few small cuts or prick it with a toothpick (this will help the seasoning penetrate the fillet).
- Season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper, and place them in the steamer basket of the pressure cooker. Booking.
- In a saucepan or frying pan, add the butter and add the minced garlic with a garlic press .
- Then add the paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and basil. Stir for 1 minute or until the butter is melted and stop the heat. Let it infuse for a few more minutes. Add the lemon juice and stir.
- With the help of a kitchen brush, brush the salmon with the mixture that you have prepared, generously and ensuring that there is garlic and all kinds of seasoning in the fillets.
- Put 800 ml of water in the pressure cooker Perfect WMF (or fill the bottom with 1 inch of water), add the basket support and put the basket with the salmon inside. Cover the pot and put it on high heat.
- When the pressure rings come out, count 3 minutes and stop the fire. Wait for the rings to lower by themselves (with the fire stopped, it will lose pressure in a very short time) and open the lid.
- Take the basket out of the pot and serve hot.
WMF Perfect pressure cooker with steam basket
- You can accompany this salmon with roasted peppers, asparagus or eggplant. Also with rice you will have a complete dish, or you can use the salmon to cut it up and serve it mixed with pasta (You will see how tasty it is!). Today, I have made it accompanied by some simple but delicious mushrooms sautéed in a pan.
- I have made the recipe in the Perfect WMF pot , but You must follow exactly the same process and times in case of using other super fast pots, such as the Premium either PerfectPlus .
- At Claudia&Julia we are great lovers and specialists in pressure cookers! In fact, we are so much that we made a book of recipes in fast pot with Editorial Cupula. If you are looking for more quick cooker recipes for your day to day, I encourage you to see Cooking in Pressure Cooker . I hope you enjoy it!
We make the recipe in a pressure cooker, ideal for cooking quickly, making it as tender as possible and having it ready in just three minutes.
But you can cook the salmon, after seasoning it, in a frying pan (it is recommended to do it in an iron skillet or in a skillet), or you can make baked salmon . The interesting thing about doing it in the oven in this case is that the use of lemon and butter will help it to be toasted on the outside but very tender and juicy on the inside. To make it in the oven, use a baking tray, an iron skillet.
To keep in mind if you do it in the oven:
If you do it in the oven, it will take about 15 minutes to cook from when the oven is hot, and depending on your preferences when it is very or little done. You'll know it's done when the thickest part of the salmon flakes off when you try to separate it with a knife. Be careful when serving the salmon, do it with the help of a wide shovel to catch each fillet correctly from below or it will crumble.
In any case, do not forget to make this recipe for salmon with paprika in a slow cooker, it is fast, it comes out juicy and delicious.
Le Creuset non-stick frying pan , WMF wooden board and Emile Henry ceramic plates
Oh, ¡me encanta la receta! Muchas gracias, mañana mismo la pongo en práctica. Tengo el libro y es estupendo para las recetas de siempre, y me encantará si seguís con más recetas para el día a día en olla rápida, la uso un montón, y siempre van bien ideas nuevas. ¡Gracias, chicas!