Roast veal round
With this round of veal in a super fast pot , all the stress will be taken away from you the day you want to look good on special occasions, whether it's a Sunday or this coming Christmas. It is a very easy recipe, without complications and that you can have prepared in advance .
With this recipe for beef round with sweet potato sauce you are going to cause a sensation; It is a very tender meat that melts in the mouth, ideal for the whole family, from the oldest to the smallest. In addition, the plus of this recipe is that you do not need to prepare it the same day, which is an incredible peace of mind in this time of so many family gatherings and, although expected, sometimes it can cause us unnecessary stress.
The times indicated for this delicious beef round are for the Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker , and as its name indicates, it is a very fast cooker, as well as SILENT, and I put it in capital letters because for me, I have always been a fearful with the pots under pressure, just hearing the noise and sound they gave off gave me a horrific panic. Therefore, as you can imagine, having such a quiet pot is a blessing.
As a side dish, I have opted for French onions (which I like so much) and baked baby potatoes, also something very easy and that does not need our constant presence: everything in a dish, well spiced, and baked until they are well golden and soft. Zero stress and enjoy our loved ones!
Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Hotel pressure cooker , Bérard olive wood chopping board and Pallarès knife
- 800 g round beef (shank)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic
- fresh thyme
- fresh rosemary
- 1 glass of white wine
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 250 ml of chicken broth
- flake salt
- ground black pepper
- french onions
- baby potatoes
Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Hotel pressure cooker, Bérard olive wood chopping board and Pallarès knife
- We put the pot on the fire with the oil and a sprig of rosemary for about 2 minutes, just until it impregnates the oil with its aroma. Remove and begin to fry the meat until browned on all sides equally. Once golden, drain and reserve.
- In the same oil, fry the chopped onion; add the sweet potato cut into cubes of about 2 centimeters; Add the chopped tomatoes, the peeled garlic cloves and the bay leaf. Saute everything for a few minutes and put the meat back.
- Let's pour the white wine over the meat, let it start to boil; add fresh thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, add the chicken broth and close the Kuhn Rikon pot and leave over medium heat until the 2nd pressure ring rises , from this moment on, let it cook for 30 minutes, checking that the 2nd ring is always visible.
- After the time, remove the pot from the heat and let the pressure escape little by little (which depressurises naturally). Once the pressure is off, open the pot and carefully remove the meat (be careful, it will be very tender!). Transfer the sauce to the mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- When the meat is warm, cut into slices of the desired thickness and serve with the sauce. (If you wait until the meat is cold, you can make very thin slices)
Garnish preparation (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, heat up and down with the rack in the center position.
- With the washed baby potatoes and French onions, place them in a baking dish and add: fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, oregano, flaky salt, black pepper and a good splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- We massage the herbs very well with the potatoes and onions. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender and golden.
Bérard olive wood chopping board and Pallarès knife
Claudia, y en cacerola normal como la Vitaliss cuanto tiempo?
Buenos días, la carne que utilizas no se si es la pieza del redondo o del morcillo, para mi son distintas. Gracias por tu respuesta y por todos tus trucos y recetas
Hola Gemma, las ollas rápidas convencionales acostumbran a acortar un 50% el tiempo de cocción respecto a las ollas tradicionales, mientras que las superrápidas hasta un 65%. Te recomiendo dejarlo 6-8 minutos más en la olla, es decir unos 36-38 minutos de cocción. Saludos!
Muchas gracias, Mª Rosa, feliz de que te guste. Espero que la disfrutéis mucho si la haceis estos días. Felices Navidades para ti también , gracias!!
Hola Mª José, muchas gracias por tus palabras, eres muy amable. ¡Gracias!
y si no es en olla super rapida, con valvula, vamos una olla a presión de las rápidas normales, cuánto tiempo deberia dejarlo? gracias por el recetón, seguro lo pruebo
Maria Rosa Pons said:
Gracias por la receta, me parece perfecta para estàs Fiestas. Feliz Navidad
Mª José Feijóo said:
Estupenda presentación y seguro que riquísimo y con el buen gusto con que hacéis todo. Felicidades