Baked chicken with rosemary and glazed vegetables
Preparing chicken in the oven is one of the easiest and most helpful recipes out there: you have the ingredients on the tray in a moment and you just have to wait for the oven to do its job.
Today we bring you the perfect utensil to get a well roasted and crispy chicken . I am referring to Emile Henry's ceramic chicken oven . If at home you are one of those who often prepare chicken, you will undoubtedly love this oven.
Explanation on the operation of the oven
The Emile Henry ceramic oven for chickens is specially designed to achieve a perfect roast chicken . How do you get it? The oven plays with two aspects: on the one hand, its shape, which generates a circulation of steam inside that cooks the chicken to perfection; and in parallel its bottom, in which it has some grooves or undulations that help to isolate the fat from the chicken. The result: crispy skin and juicy, tender meat.
In a product like this I think it is really interesting to see the opinions that other clients have left about it ( here ). In view of what they say, I think their experiences may be worth even more than our words.
It is also interesting to know that, although the Emile Henry oven has been specially designed for roasting chicken, it is useful for so many other things: you can prepare any other type of meat in it, or you can use the base to roast potatoes and vegetables .
Although in Emile Henry's oven you can prepare the chicken your way, we leave you a recipe that we find really tasty. Here the step by step and a short video, and below written so that you can watch it with peace of mind. Enjoy it!
Chicken recipe with rosemary and glazed vegetables
- 1 free-range chicken, about 1.8 kg
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fleshy tomato
- 6 medium potatoes, very hard
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stick
- fine salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel (sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Season the inside of the chicken, add the sprigs of rosemary and thyme (you may be interested in doing it with the spice infuser ).
- Peel the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters, the carrots and the celery into slices.
- Remove the seeds from the tomato and cut it into fairly large cubes; and finely chop the onion.
- Place the chicken on the base of the Emile Henry Chicken Oven and garnish harmoniously with the vegetables around it.
- Arrange the diced tomato and chopped onion over the chicken and vegetables.
- Pour the olive oil and sprinkle all the fleur de sel on top.
- Cover and place in the oven for 1 hour 30 - 1 hour 40 minutes, at 220°C. The cooking time varies according to the weight of the chicken (estimate about 30 minutes for every 500g).
- When removed from the oven, the chicken and vegetables will be golden and crispy.
- When serving, cut the chicken and decorate with the vegetables around it.
MARÍA ROSA said:
Cómo podría hacerlo en cocotte y no en este horno?
Los pollos salen fantásticos y serviría para hacer cordero o cochinillo?
Muchas gracias, Francisco :)
Una vez utilizada la cocotte, como se debe limpiar para su mantenimiento
Me ha gustado recibir este correo y me va a ser más fácil poder utilizar mi roaster.Grs