Parmesan chicken stuffed with pesto rosso
Today I come with a simple, quick recipe and capable of getting us out of trouble at a given moment. This is the typical dish that seems super laborious, but, nevertheless, it is done in a jiffy . And the best of all is that at home they will make you the wave.
Who doesn't love a chicken with a crispy crust and a delicious filling? This recipe has the best of fried chicken but without the downside of frying.
To get one of the crunchiest and most delicious crusts you've ever tasted, all you have to do is grate your own bread ; a stale bread, one of those breads that you plan to throw away because there is no one who wants to take a bite out of it. Of course, it is not about leaving the breadcrumbs like a commercial one, you have to leave it with texture: small pieces of bread. With a food processor this process will be very simple, with a few pulses it will be great.
As you can see, this recipe not only gets you out of trouble, but also helps you get rid of that surplus of stale bread that nobody wants. And if bread isn't your thing, let me tell you, you're in luck, as soft oatmeal works great in this recipe (very proven!)
Without further ado, I leave you with the recipe for these delicious chicken breasts with a parmesan and pesto crust, which will surely become the star dish of your house…
- 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 190g red pesto
- 80 g of hard bread (to grate)
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- Zest of a large lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
Microplane grater and the T&G wooden pizza and pie shovel
- Preheat the oven to 220 ºC, heat up and down with the rack in the central part of the oven.
- We open each breast, massage with lemon zest and fill with a tablespoon of pesto rosso each. We close and place in a baking dish provided with parchment paper at its base.
- We put the bread in a food processor , and chop / crumble it until it makes small crumbs, almost flour.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the pesto with the homemade breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon zest, salt, pepper, thyme and olive oil.
- We distribute the previous mixture on the chicken breasts. They should be very well buried in the breadcrumb mixture. Season and pour a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- We bake for about 20 minutes. Once baked, let rest for 5 minutes and serve.
UN PLATO ESPECTACULAR , TENIA OLOR Y SABOR DE LA TOSCANA. UN 10.
Gracias espero sus riquísimasrecetas
No tenía almendras, pues nueces del nogal de casa. No tenía albahaca fresca, pues seca. He aportado mucho perejil.
En lugar de pesto Rosso, pesto siciliano, con tomate fresco maduro. Imaginación al poder! Estaba jugoso, tierno y muy rico desde luego.Gracias por a receta!
Gustavo Woltmann said:
En respuesta a Tania, todo lo puedes conseguir en un supermercado facilmente!
Tuve que leerlo dos veces. Muy agradable.
El pesto rojo se elabora igual que el pesto normal salvo que se añade tomates secos en aceite.
Ni idea del pesto rosso. Como se hace? Es algo que se compra hecho?
EL PESTO ROSSO ¿QUE ES?
Lo acabo de hacer Tania, dime si te puedo ayudar.
Soy un poco novata en platos para cocinar..y hay accesorios o ingredientes que no se donde se pueden comprar.Si huviese una letra pequeña donde diga donde poderlo obtener les agradeceria!!