Moorish skewers with barbecued vegetables and hummus
Summer is synonymous with outdoor meals, and the barbecue is undoubtedly the ideal complement. Miguel, author of Green Peppers, brings us a delicious recipe to prepare in it: Authentic Moorish skewers! Accompanied by vegetables and hummus you have the meal resolved. To enjoy!
At this time of year I love to enjoy my barbecue and spend a pleasant time on my terrace. For me, cooking on the barbecue is a complete ritual: I turn it on, while it heats up, I carefully prepare the ingredients, uncork a wine and the party begins. While my guests finish the aperitif, I cook and chat with them while my Weber barbecue takes care of everything.
So I want to give you one more proposal so that you can get the most out of your barbecue, preparing authentic Moorish skewers with vegetables and hummus . I have used leg of lamb meat, but you can also use chicken or pork.
The secret is to marinate the meat with a mixture of spices, lemon and oil . In this way it is very tender and with a scandalous taste. The mixture that I propose is how I like it, but you can experiment and customize it to your liking. You will see that I use a cocotte to marinate the meat. As it has a ceramic coating, it is perfect for these tasks since it does not absorb odors or stain, making cleaning very easy.
Weber barbecue and Le Creuset round mini-cocotte
For the skewers:
- 1Kg of boneless leg of lamb meat
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet Vera paprika
- 1 tablespoon spicy Vera paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A few fresh coriander leaves
- Vegetables to accompany to taste
For the hummus:
- 400g of cooked chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
Le Creuset mini round cocotte and Le Creuset Evolution round cocotte .
of the skewers
- Dice the lamb meat in one bite. Put it in a cocotte .
- Crush the garlic in a mortar together with the cumin and coriander leaves. Add the rest of the spices and salt . Also add the oil and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the marinade to the meat and mix. Cover the cocotte and put it in the fridge until the next day.
- Turn on the barbecue so that it heats up while you assemble the skewers with the marinated meat and you can cut the vegetables. We are going to cook them quickly, so that they are well browned on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- Also roast the vegetables, adding a little salt and oil at the end.
D the hummus
- Put all the ingredients in the blender glass and blend. It will be necessary to add water to adjust the thickness.
- Put the hummus in a mini cocotte and sprinkle with Vera paprika and pour a drizzle of olive oil on top.
KitchenAid stand mixer and Le Creuset mini round cocotte .
Serve the skewers accompanied by the vegetables and hummus. You will see how you succeed!