Potatoes stuffed with bacon and parmesan
The Vitalis pot is, today, one of the most popular pots for steam cooking. Its success lies in the fact that, apart from being a perfect pot for healthy cooking, it offers a wide variety of uses and, furthermore, being made of stainless steel, it is a pot that will last you a lifetime in the kitchen.
Why is it a versatile pot? Because it is ideal for steam cooking, without a doubt! Thanks to its inner basket, its integrated thermometer and the silicone rubber on the lid that seals the pot perfectly, making steam cooking very fast (because the steam certainly stays inside). But when you don't want to steam cook, with the Vitalis you have a low pot or a roasting pan: a dish that you can put in the oven or in which you can cook all kinds of recipes over the fire. Plus, it's a beautiful pot, with those rounded handles and such high-quality Cromargan steel from WMF.
So that you can put the Vitalis to use, a while ago we made a lemon steam cake . Today, we make another recipe of those so successful: some steamed potatoes stuffed with bacon and Parmesan. A perfect recipe as an appetizer, as a first course, to accompany a second... And also a recipe that you can adapt to your taste: substitute the Parmesan for another type of cheese or the bacon change it for tuna, serrano ham, sweet ham, asparagus roasts, peppers, minced meat... I think that if you see it, it will become one of those recipes in your wardrobe. You'll love it!
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 8 small thin-skinned potatoes
- 200g of bacon
- 100g Parmesan
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the potatoes well, finely chop the bacon, grate the cheese and reserve everything separately in different containers.
- Pour 1.5 liters of water into the WMF Vitalis pot , place the steamer and the washed potatoes on it. Cover the pot and heat over high heat until the thermometer needle reaches 95ºC. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 min.
- Check that the potatoes are cooked using a toothpick to check the doneness. It will be at its point when it enters without difficulty. If not, return to the pot, cover it and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and cut them in half lengthwise. Empty the interior with a spoon (since the potatoes are small, the molding spoon may help you), leaving a kind of boat with thick walls.
- In a bowl , mix the potato pulp with the bacon and half the cheese, adjust the salt and fill the potatoes with the mixture.
- Spread the remaining cheese over the potatoes and place them back on the Vitalis WMF perforated tray.
- Again, pour 1 liter of water into the Vitalis WMF pot, cover and place over high heat until it comes to a boil. Then insert the loaded tray and put the lid on. Cook for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- If you wish, you can put the potatoes under the grill, in the oven, to brown them.
Muy sencillo y me pondré a cocinar, para probar cómo salen