Potato pie and raclette cheese
The combination of potato and cheese is always welcome at home. In mine and, surely, in that of most of you. They are a very welcome marriage, especially when this potato and raclette cheese cake is prepared with them. Can you imagine how the creature is?
Slices of potato and onion, seasoned with mustard, grated Parmesan , salt and pepper, with slices of raclette cheese in between. To die of pleasure. It is a unique dish in the whole rule, because in addition to all this it also contains eggs, butter, flour and milk. Forceful, but at its right point. The only thing he asks for on his side is a green leafy salad and he's off to a run.
28cm Emile Henry ceramic mold , Le Creuset ceramic plate , Pallarès carbon steel knife and De Buyer cake server
Ingredients (for 6 people)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 120 g of wheat flour
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 40g butter, melted
- 150 ml of milk
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 onion
- 10 slices of raclette cheese
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs together with the Dijon mustard , salt and black pepper. Add the wheat flour and the grated Parmesan cheese and stir with a metal whisk until you get a smooth, lump-free dough.
- Then add the melted butter and milk. Remove again with the rods and reserve.
- Peel the onion and potatoes. Laminate with the help of a mandolin so that there are pieces of equal thickness. Place them in a wide and deep container and pour the previous mixture over them. We remove with a spatula to integrate and that all the pieces of potato and onion are well smeared.
- Butter the sides and bottom of a 11-inch (28-cm) ovenproof tin. Spread half of the potato mixture all over the base, place the slices of raclette cheese on top and cover with the rest of the potato mixture.
- Put the mold in the oven, preheated to 190ºC with heat from above and below, and cook for approximately 1 hour or until the surface is golden and when you prick the potato with a toothpick it feels soft.
- Remove from the oven and wait a few minutes before portioning and serving.
28cm Emile Henry ceramic mold , Le Creuset ceramic plate, Caractère Revol porcelain plate , Pallarès carbon steel knife and De Buyer cake server
Hola!!, no especificas clase de cebolla…podría ser la cebolla morada?, cambia mucho el sabor?, en unos días no saldré a comprar y quería hacer esta receta hoy, Y no me quedan otras..gracias!
Sí, se puede hacer con otro queso. Recomendación: si las lonchas son muy finas, cargarlo bien de ellas para que se note la presencia :)
Muchas gracias y un saludo.
Buenos días, quedaría bien con queso en lonchas para sándwich???….tiene muy buena pinta y me solucionáis una cena !!!…Muchas gracias por vuestras recetas.