Hake and prawn pie
To many, hake pie or fish pie in general may sound old-fashioned; maybe it's not fashionable. But that does not mean that it is not delicious and that it does not come wonderfully for any celebration such as the next Christmas feasts, because it is one of those dishes that you can prepare in advance and that is eaten cold. A convenience for whoever is in charge of preparing the agapes at home.
Also, is it that we old people do not have the right to enjoy it too? I bet that in your house there are also old people who are not fond of pokés, pizzas and bowls of ramen… Give them a treat, what does it cost you, pardiez. You put a little quinoa on the cake and you have it updated… ahem.
And then there is that if you prepare this cake in a nice ceramic Le Creuset terrine and decorate it properly, it is still an interesting and polished plate. Yes. You can assemble it with as much luxury or economy as you like: frozen hake comes out at a good price, it is not necessary to use skewered hake, and with the prawns, three quarters of the same. Add some vegetables to accompany and you've got it.
The formula is quite standard, one of the most widespread and common recipes for this type of cake and with guaranteed results, adapted to the size of the large Le Creuset terrine .
Le Creuset Ceramic Rectangular Terrine and De Buyer Cake Server
- 800 g of frozen hake
- 150 g of prawns already peeled
- 5 large eggs
- 200 g of liquid cream (minimum 35% fat, no cooking cream)
- 200 g homemade fried tomato, if possible (thick)
- Salt to taste
- A little butter and breadcrumbs for the mold
- Defrost the hake in the microwave or in the fridge overnight; do the same with the prawns if they are frozen.
- Put the hake in a microwaveable container, cover and cook it until it is not raw, being careful not to overdo it. The time will depend on the power of the device, but at least 10 minutes. You can also cook it in salted water, without further ado, but it will lose more substance.
- While the hake is cooking, in a salad bowl , beat the eggs with the liquid cream and the tomato until smooth.
- Crumble the hake and add it to the mixture. Homogenizes; You can also pass the mixture through the hand mixer , depending on whether you like to discern a piece of fish or you prefer the cake to be very fine. Room to taste; If you want to check the point, take a spoonful of the mixture and curdle it in the microwave. Taste how salty it is and rectify if necessary.
- Spread the ceramic terrine with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. If you want to make sure that you can remove the cake well, also place a strip of paper along, almost the width of the bottom of the terrine, and that it protrudes from the ends to be able to pull it well.
- Pour the cake mixture into the pan and smooth the surface. Cover with the terrine lid.
- Place the terrine in a baking dish that fits well and fill it with hot water at least halfway up.
- Put the dish with the terrine in the oven preheated to 180° and cook for at least 45-50 minutes. At the end of that time, take out the pan, uncover the cake and check if it is done by inserting a skewer. If it comes out clean, it's done. On the contrary, if it comes out with cake remains, continue cooking for at least 10 more minutes.
- When the cake is set, remove the terrine and let cool completely to room temperature. Then put it in the fridge so that the cake rests for at least 8 hours and compacts.
- Once well chilled, insert a spatula between the cake and the terrine to make sure it comes off.
- Invert the mold onto a serving dish and garnish with the peeled, gutless prawns.
- Garnish with herbs and serve with mayonnaise, pink sauce or hollandaise sauce, which is feten.
Rectangular ceramic terrine Le Creuset
Usando la terrina de la receta, para cuántas personas sería el pastel?
He fet el pastís de lluç: BRU TAL!! Èxit rotunt!!! Superfàcil i boníssim!!
Isi Araúzo said:
Hooola !!! Me parece una idea genial, y sencilla de hacer, pero… Se puede quitar nata y añadir huevos? Si es así, en que proporción? Gracias, un saludo
Muy rico y fácil😋😘