Stuffed Iberian pork loin
Christmas is approaching and a perfect proposal to make our loved ones enjoy that day cannot be missing from our cookbook. The one brought to us by Luisa, author of Cooking with my Carmela , is an easy and quick recipe to prepare, and one of the most delicious: pork loin stuffed with quince. As you can see, it has it all!
Arriving these dates we are always looking for recipes to surprise ours, and this stuffed Iberian pork loin will leave them wanting to repeat.
My proposal is to fill the pork loin with quince and cheese. The sweet contrast of the quince with the meat, after also melting with the Manchego cheese that combines so well, results in a surprise when it comes to enjoying it.
At home we have been preparing it for several years and it is a complete success. In fact, it has become one of the star recipes of any celebration. In addition, if there is any leftover, it is the typical recipe for making use of it in a sandwich and with a salad, it is a delicacy.
Remember to be generous when adding rosemary, salt and pepper, and you will see how tasty it turns out!
- 1 piece of open Iberian loin pork (approximately 1 Kg)
- 2 sweet onions
- 12 french onions
- 200gr of sliced Manchego cheese
- 125g sweet quince slices
- 125ml of manzanilla wine
- 2 glasses of water
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- rosemary, salt and pepper
- Heat a cocotte , add the extra virgin olive oil (about 2-3 tablespoons) and add the two julienned onions along with the French onions, along with a little salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, stretch the piece of loin, place the slices of Manchego cheese and quince on top, roll up, and finally tie with a special cooking string .
- Once the onions are almost golden, add our piece of meat to the cocotte and seal it on all sides.
- Add the chamomile, the water, add salt and pepper again and add a few sprigs of rosemary to flavor.
- Let cook for about 20-30 minutes, over low-medium heat, until we check that our meat is ready. We have the option if we want to give it a final touch in the oven to gratin on top.
- Ready to plate and serve with vegetables or, why not, some chips.
Round Cocotte Evoltion Le Creuset , Pallarès carbon steel knife , Nezumi Ceramic Plate by Tokyo Design Studio Y Mediterranean crystal glasses
Lina palomares lopez said:
Buenísimo y súper sabroso el membrillo con el queso.
Yo si puse manzanilla de vino.
Y si la manzanilla de vino!!!
La manzanilla es vino.
La manzanilla es infusión o vino ?
Una duda: la manzanilla se refiere a la infusión o al vino?
Una duda: la manzanilla se refiere a infusión o al vino?
Una pinta deliciosa. Gracias por las recetas que nos regaláis a lo largo del año.