Stewed lentils with rib
One of the great advantages of the new WMF multi-cooker is that in a single appliance you can do different types of cooking, from pressure cooking as in a pressure cooker to steaming, sautéing, browning, slow cooking ... The idea of today's recipe is to make use of this multi-functionality.
Thus, we will take advantage of the browning programs to first seal the meat, then we will sauté the vegetables and finally we will add the water and close the pot, programming it so that, in ten minutes and using the "Fast pot" function, it will leave us some delicious lentils .
I highly encourage you to discover this magnificent electric pot. It's a great ally in the kitchen if you don't want to turn on the stove and dirty a lot of utensils and, on the other hand, you can take it to the terrace, the garden or camping, it's electric and portable!
And the recipe, without a doubt, you have to make it. It will help you warm up on cold days and charge you with good energy, and with a lot of flavor.
Ingredients (for 6 people)
- 300g pardina lentils
- 500 g of marinated rib
- 1 white leek chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes without juice and without seeds, grated
- 2 carrots cut into squares
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ glass of white wine
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 bay leaf
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- Soak the lentils in cold water for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, put a splash of oil in the WMF electric pressure cooker and program to brown for 12 minutes at 160ºC and, when hot, sauté the rib for a few minutes. Remove the meat and put in the pot, in the same oil, the leek, garlic and carrot to fry, stirring from time to time.
- Add the grated tomato and bay leaf, wet with the wine and let it evaporate and the bottom is dry again.
- Add the rib back and let the program finish.
- Add the lentils and pour the water, salt to taste and close the pot.
- Pressure cooking program for 10 min, at level 2 and rapid steam reduction.
- Wait for the program to finish and serve hot.
NOTES: If you use another type of lentils, you can vary the amount of water and the cooking time.
Hola María. Nos alegra mucho que te haya gustado la receta :)
Muchas gracias y un saludo.
Lo primero ¡¡qué monos estais¡¡ jejeje. Bueno y al “grano”. Nunca había escrito nada porque no tengo ni tiempo, osea que es mi primera vez, eso sí guardo todas las recetas y ahí están. Pero hoy no he podido rendirme ante este plato de lentejas sencilo y con una pinta estupenda. Y bueno ya se sabe…., son lentejas si quieres las tomas ni sino las dejas. jajaja. Un saludo
¡¡Ah¡¡ voy a ver si tenéis “rebajitas” y me compro esa olla maravillosa.