greek yogurt ice cream
I had been chasing years to have an ice cream maker like the one I used to prepare the recipe that I bring you today, at home I had them crazy with my refrain of... I want an ice cream maker with a compressor! They didn't pay much attention to me so I decided to find a solution to the problem. Gelato Expert from Magimix arrived at home, that long-awaited ice cream maker that helps me to have delicious ice creams without much complication.
When I studied patisserie we made delicious ice creams and although it is an art and a science, we can make ice creams at home almost almost professionally. Yes, it is true that most of the time we will not be able to use stabilizers, or liquid or atomized glucose, but I am already telling you that you will enjoy it even more than the ice creams that we find in ice cream parlors.
In addition, we have to find a way to make life less complicated and I can already tell you that if you fancy a lemon granita for dessert to accompany with cava and you have forgotten to bring the granita, there will be no panic because you will prepare it at home and it will be even better .
Oh! If it is that I cannot not give you an introduction to my recipe without telling you about the wonders of my new friend, so if you have a normal refrigerator and want to take the step to one with a compressor, do not hesitate, you will think that why did you take so long to get one? . Even so, this recipe can also be prepared in your normal refrigerator and I know you will enjoy it very much, it is a fresh Greek yogurt ice cream for the summer that lurks just around the corner.
Expert Magimix ice cream maker and Le Creuset ceramic ice cream cup
- 170g sugar
- 300g water
- 150g cream
- 250g Greek yogurt
- 25g invert sugar
- We begin by preparing the ice cream cream, for this we temper the water and the cream, to about 40º and add the sugar and the invert sugar, mix well until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Let cool completely, add the yogurt and grind – it is important that the mixture is very cold before making the ice cream in the machine.
- Then we turn on our Magimix Gelato Expert machine -had I told you it's wonderful?-, in cooling mode, let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Next, we add the cream that we have prepared and activate the traditional automatic ice cream mode.
- We let the machine do its job and in about 40 minutes you will have the ice cream ready.
- Once the ice cream is frozen, we have several options: transfer it to the container where we are going to store it in the freezer, place the container where we have prepared it in the freezer if we are going to consume it almost immediately, or even leave it in the refrigerator in maintenance mode – this mode is activated only once the automatic cycle has finished.
- If you are going to consume it immediately, do not hesitate to serve it in the Le Creuset dessert glasses , accompanied by a lot of fruit and some waffles, warning that you will want to repeat.
Expert Magimix ice cream maker Y Le Creuset ceramic ice cream cups
Now it's your turn to tell me what your favorite ice cream is, if you're one of those who dare to prepare it at home or if, on the contrary, you think it's a pain to get into those aubergines.
As you can see, with this refrigerator we avoid having to put containers in the freezer beforehand and I can already tell you that while the food is being prepared you can have a most refreshing dessert ready.