Heart waffles with mascarpone and cherry jam
These mascarpone and cherry compote waffles that I bring you today are priceless! They are delicious waffles, with which you will undoubtedly fall in love. I think it's a great way to launch the new heart-shaped waffle maker that we brought from the United States, from Nordci Ware. She is so pretty!
Waffles are an original sweet from Belgium, made with a mass of milk, flour, butter and egg, and their grace is that apart from being delicious on their own, they are a sweet that allows you to make many different variations in terms of their presentation. .
From accompanying it with sweet ingredients (sugar, honey, jam, chocolate, syrups...) to all kinds of salty or fruit accompaniments , they are very helpful.
This time we accompany it with cherry compote. I assure you that it is the easiest thing there is and it is delicious! Dare to try it and treat your partner, family... And yourself, because by making these waffles you will have earned it!
For the cherry compote:
- 450g fresh or frozen sweet cherries, pitted and stems removed
- 200ml orange juice
- 60g sugar
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 350 ml warm whole milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 450g of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g melted butter
- What mascarpone cheese to taste
For the cherry compote:
- Remove the pits from the cherries with the help of the OXO cherry pitter, then place them in a saucepan with the orange juice and sugar.
- Cook over medium-low heat uncovered for about 30 minutes, until you see that it has reduced by half.
For the heart-shaped waffles:
- Mix yeast with milk and sugar in a large bowl until completely dissolved. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Then add the sugar, eggs, flour, butter and salt and mix well until they are well incorporated. Let the mixture rest in a warm place for 15 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat the waffle maker (in our case we used the heart shape, but you can use the Nordic Ware square waffle maker if that's what you have). It is important that the waffle maker is very hot before adding the mixture.
- Spread the waffle maker with a little oil or butter with the help of a brush to cover all the corners.
- Add 230 ml of the batter to the waffle iron (it will be one or two pans approximately, depending on the size of your pan), and spread it out to cover all 5 cavities.
- Cook on one side for 3 to 5 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side until done. You will see that they are golden and puffed when they are done.
For the assembly
- Take a waffle and cover it with a tablespoon of mascarpone and a little cherry jam on top.
- If you prefer, you can also make the mascarpone and cherry jam mixture separately and serve it already mixed.
The surprise touch for the table: reserve one of the waffles and sprinkle sugar on top while it is still hot, so that it is moistened with the steam from the waffle itself (or apply a drop of water to the sugar and mix, before pouring it into the waffle Use a skewer and a support like a small vase (I used Gefu's sugar bowl which is always good for these things), to put the flag waffle on the table (It's an easy and original idea to decorate the table! Valentine's Day or make any day a special day, don't you think?).
Waffles made with the Nordic Ware waffle maker
Dejas reposar la masa… es pues levadura de panadería?? Al poner levadura de Repostería sin especificar peso, pensé que era Royal, pero al ver el reposo… he dudado. Gracias!
Ains, lo reviso Menzueco! Muchas gracias por avisar!
Muchas gracias por la receta.
Pero creo que hay una errata en :
Para los gofres en forma de corazón, punto 6 creo que es hinchados.