Cheese, shiitake and cauliflower crepes
This coming February 2nd is International Crepe Day, and what better way than to celebrate it by making a fabulous crepe for the family? Making crepes is one of the easiest things in the kitchen, and you can make them in any combination you like best. Now, I encourage you to prepare them with one of the fillings for crepes that I like the most: cheese, mushroom and cauliflower crepes .
In the following video recipe you will see how to make the crepe dough, as well as my tips for making them with that favorite filling of mine. They know luxury! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 3 medium eggs
- 250ml whole milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 130g of flour
- 1 spoon of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g shiitake
- 150 gr oyster mushrooms
- 300 grams of cauliflower
- Grated cheese
- TartufLanghe truffle oil
- To make the crepe batter, mix all the ingredients well (milk, eggs, sugar, salt, oil and flour). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into small pieces and place it in the Bra Infinity pan , or failing that, in a tray suitable for the oven.
- Cut both small mushrooms as well and add them to the same pan or tray. Season with salt and pepper and put it in the oven, without oil or any type of fat, at 190ºC with grill mode until we see that they are golden (in about 15 minutes you will see that they are done).
- We take the crepe dough out of the fridge and make the crepes with the help of a ladle, a crepe roller and a crepe maker (in this case I used the Efficient crepe maker from Bra).
- When the first side of the crepe is done, we will notice that the edges are raised and golden brown. At that moment we must turn it with the help of a spatula.
- While the second side of the crepe is being made, we can start to introduce the filling (thus the cheese will melt with the heat of the pan). So, we add the grated cheese, the mixture of shitake and oyster mushrooms and the cauliflower that we have prepared to the crepe. We can now add a few drops of oil flavored with truffle.
- Carefully flip the crepe onto a plate and it's ready to enjoy.
- To mix the ingredients of the crepe you can use a manual rod whisk, but also be aware that you will incorporate some air into the mixture (which is why some bubbles may appear when you make it in the crepe maker, but it is not issue). To ensure there are no lumps, you can mix it if you want with a hand mixer.
- Put the crepe dough in the crepe maker when it is hot, the crepes will come out much better.
- You can make the crepes in a pan, but using a crepe maker makes it much easier for you, since they have a large surface, and the fact that they have practically no walls makes it much easier to turn the crepes. Also, you can get a lot out of a crepe! To make tortillas, pancakes, as an iron,... Here you will see all the ones we have in store.
- For the filling you can use your favorite cheese - either grated or sliced cheese, goat cheese, emmental, fresh, dry sheep. Each variation is a new recipe, so you can discover how you like it best.