Our friend Laura, from the Because blog, doesn't want to miss out on the opportunity that autumn gives us to prepare a fine and exquisite mushroom recipe. Enjoy this delicious cream!
I admit that it may sound exaggerated to say that the sky has been opened to me with the Opinel mushroom knife , but I promise you that it is true... At least, the sky of mushrooms and I assure you that it is a place worth visiting ;) Seriously now, this season I am encouraging myself much more than others to prepare dishes with mushrooms and wild mushrooms at home, and the reason is simple. Cleaning is made a lot easier with this tool. Just with a cloth of linen or kitchen paper and the brush at the base of the knife, most of the soil of mushrooms and fungi is removed. Gently scraping with the edge of the knife , the most rebellious globs of earth are removed, without the need to waste the desired mushrooms... I tell you that it is wonderful, listen to me and take advantage of the season to make delicious recipes like this delicious cream of mushrooms !
(for 4 people)
- 500gr of assorted wild mushrooms and mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1 small glass of white wine (optional)
- 1/2 liter of broth or water
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons creme fraiche (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To decorate: 1 clove of common garlic and a clove of black garlic (optional)
- Clean the mushrooms and mushrooms well with the help of the opinel mushroom knife and a cloth or kitchen paper. Cut them into pieces and, if you wish, reserve a few for decoration.
- In a saucepan (preferably in a cast iron cocotte ), fry the sliced onion with the oil. When it is transparent, add the wine and let it evaporate, stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon.
- Add the mushrooms and chopped mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Saute until the mushrooms have released their water and there is hardly any liquid in the pan. Then the water or broth is added and left to cook for about 15-20 minutes over low heat.
- In a glass of the blender the onion and the mushrooms are introduced, avoiding as much as possible to add the liquid. Beat well and add liquid little by little until you get the desired cream consistency.
- If you want, you can add creme fraiche to taste, it provides creaminess and a very special taste.
- We put to the point of salt and pepper. We serve accompanied by some slices of sautéed mushrooms on the grill as well as some laminated and fried garlic cloves.
- We can combine slices of common garlic with slices of black garlic. We can also add a little more creme fraiche to decorate and some sprouts.
Note: A trick for a more intense flavor to the cream of mushrooms is to substitute part of the quantity of fresh mushrooms for dehydrated mushrooms, and use the water of hydration as liquid to cook the cream.
Suny Senabre said:
Estamos en plena temporada de este ingrediente que nos puede dar mucho juego en la cocina. Esta crema me parece una opción buenísima para deleitarnos.
Además está tan bien presentada que con tan solo mirarla entra pro los ojos.